50 Year Old 3 Girls and 1 Granddaughter - Saint Louis, MO

Hello, my name is LaVonda and I had my sleeve...

Hello, my name is LaVonda and I had my sleeve gastrectomy on February 18th 2016. I was so excited waiting to be approved. Did all the research anyone could ever do. I completed all the requirements by my insurance company. The day came for my surgery. My middle daughter took me at 5:30 am. I was kind of nervous. My weight at the beginning was 294. The heaviest I had been in a long, long time. I was in constant pain daily. I was affected by gout, back pain, high blood pressure, arthritis in my knees. I just always hurt. The morning of my surgery I weighed in at 276. My surgery went well except for I had a reaction to the anesthesia. They could not bring me out of it for about an hour. But after a few hours I felt fine. They wouldn't let me have anything to drink or eat until the next morning. I wasn't worried about the food as I wasn't hungry but I was very very thirsty. I felt like my tongue kept getting stuck at the top of my mouth lol.
I only spent 1 day in the hospital. I had no gas pains. I was a little sore but the pain was really manageable. I only took 1 week off from work. I was able to return on Feb. 29th. Everything has been going good so far. Hard to tell still when I'm hungry until I get sick. Can't eat that much. My doctor wants me to eat every hour until I get on system to eat 3x a day. The hardest part is getting enough protein. I'm finally getting to a point I can drink the full 32 oz of water while I'm at work and that feels EXCELLENT! I don't have to take the milk of magnesia to have a bowel movement now that I'm getting the water in.
I'm on soft foods now but I'm still a little nervous about trying different foods because my stomach hurts after I eat sometimes. I have my 6 weeks check March 29th and hopefully everything is ok.

50 lbs down

Dr. Van L. Wagner, Heart of America Bariatrics

I love Dr. Wagner and his team at Heart of America Bariatrics. Very professional, kind and considerate. Dr. Wagner made me feel safe before and after my surgery. I would recommend HOAB and Dr. Wagner to every one looking to have weight loss surgery.