Botox and Voluma, 47 Year Old Woman. Springfield, MO

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I started getting Botox at the beginning of 2015...

I started getting Botox at the beginning of 2015 and was thrilled w the results. I was going through a stressful time and found myself doing a lot of frowning, thus really noticing the lines around and between my eyes. The Botox really softened those lines, but I did not look "frozen" at all. I had been considering the Voluma for several months before I did it. I was starting to notice a little darkening under my eyes and Dr. Swann explained that as we age our skin begins to thin due to reduced collagen production and because of this, light doesn't reflect off our faces as it did when we were younger. By adding a little volume to strategic places, Dr Swann was able to "brighten up" my face, basically placing filler where I was losing collagen. The product he used was Voluma and he placed it in my cheeks. Had I known how happy I was going to be with the results, I would have done it sooner.
Springfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Dr. Swann takes the time to listen to what your concerns are. Concerns regarding what you would like improved and concerns about the products and procedures used to to achieve the results you are looking for. He wants your results to be what you want. For example, I wanted to look and feel refreshed, not like I had work done. I told one person I was getting filler, so of course he was looking at me with an eagle eye, but no one else knew. The feedback was interesting because my friend that knew, was shocked at how subtle and natural the change was, but how much better I looked. I think he expected a big change in the look of my facial structure and was surprised that there wasn't much, while still achieving such fantastic results. In fact, he told me last week, now after a couple of months after the procedure, how beautiful I look and that getting my filler was a great decision. My friends that I didn't tell, noticed a difference, but not in the sense of, did you do something? I just got a lot of wow, you look fantastic, you look so rested! That's the look I wanted to achieve! After discussing with Dr. Swann at length, what I was hoping for my end result to be, I felt confident that we were on the same page. I would say in choosing a medical professional for any cosmetic procedure, it is very important for the patient and the doctor to have an understanding of expected outcomes. To have that, you must have a professional that will listen to you and be willing to be honest w you about how realistic your expectations are. He or she must also choose the products that are best suited for your needs and to have the expertise to administer them properly. Dr Swann takes the time to do all of these things. I had a follow up with him two weeks later and we were both happy with the results. I can and do highly recommend Dr Swann and his staff.