Can't Believe How Much Breast Reduction Ended Up Costing! - Springfield, IL

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I just got the bill from my surgery and the PS...

I just got the bill from my surgery and the PS charged $14,000 and the ambulatory center charged $14,000. I live in central Illinois and these charges seem extremely high. Luckily, my insurance covered all but my $250 deductible. I love the new look though and needed to do it 35 years ago! I'm 5'0. 155, 48 years and had massive sagging and poor skin quality/elasticity. I am in an underwire at 5 weeks post op to help make breast rounder instead of the boxy look. The underwire is also helping smooth out the puckered sides. Overall, I am very pleased with procedure and could care less about the scars!

Over 2 years later revision on breast reduction

In November 2017, it will be 3 years since I had my breast reduction going from triple ddd to 38C. I love feeling lighter, going braless and no longer having neck pain! However, due to my poor skin quality, my breasts are not firm but mushy (or so I'm told that's why). They sag out toward the sides and I hate that part of the look. My scars are wider than I wanted also. Is there a way to have revision surgery to push them in and up? Thanks and good luck to all! You will NOT regret your decision and will wonder why you waited so long!

2 years later possible revision surgery breast reduction

November 14,2014. Little pain after first 3 days but I think I moved my arms up too much to wash my hair and just small things because there are portions under my breast where the scars are 1/4 inch wide especially at the juncture. Half of my right nipple and died by turning black and I had to use silverdine for eight weeks to get it to fall off and heal properly. So half of my nipple is just Scar tissue. Both my breasts are still totally numb from under my nipples all away across my chest both directions, so I doubt the feeling will come back. I do have some direct nipple sensation but very little. I love being able to go braless, be more in proportion and no longer have terrible neck pain and vertebrae problems. I wish the scars were smaller and they did not sag out toward the sides and be flat on the top. Overall though, I love how they feel! I'm checking into revision surgery though but my insurance most likely won't pay for it because it is probably deemed cosmetic. I'll update if any changes.
Springfield Plastic Surgeon

suppose to be best in her field for our area. answered all questions, bit hurried at times but thorough.