Fractional CO2 for Aging Skin

I spent a lot of time in the sun when I was...

I spent a lot of time in the sun when I was younger (LA an Vegas), so had typical sun damage as a result. After turning 50 I also noticed slight sagging in my lower face, and I hated it. Dr. Chestnut suggested that fractional CO2 would help with both types of damage, so I gave it a shot and had my face, neck, chest, and hands done - with excellent results. This was absolutely worth the cost, the downtime, the discomfort, and the grease on everything during the healing process!

Surprisingly there wasn't much "pain", just a strange tight sunburned feeling - not nearly as bad as a real sunburn in fact. The major discomfort was being covered in grease, which gets on everything (you'll have to wear clothes that you're willing to throw away). Having my hands done resulted in the biggest challenge, as they need to be kept away from soap, and you need to be careful about having anything brush against the backs of your hands (this was actually quite difficult). My hair was coated in aquafor, and it took weeks to get it all out, even after washing my hair with Dawn (great grease remover).

I took 10 days off from work, then used the tinted physical sunscreen that Dr. Chestnut provided as part of the treatment to camouflage the redness. People noticed, but I was open about the procedure and wasn't trying to hide it per se, I just don't like being red faced.

Hyper pigmentation set in at the 3 week mark; this required a prescription of skin lightening agents that Dr. Chestnut has made to his specifications by a compounding pharmacy. It was very effective in treating me and completely removed all signs of hyper pigmentation within 2 months, but this is unusual, as it can take many months.

I am very happy with the results and will redo the procedure in 5 years with Dr. Chestnut. I am also considering a lower facelift and brow lift with Dr. Chestnut.
Spokane Dermatologic Surgeon

Dr. Chestnut and his office staff were professional, answered all my questions, were quick to address my concerns related to hyperpigmentation, and were willing to work with me over email and phone (I live 2.5 hours from Spokane). I sent pictures when I realized that hyperpigementation had set it and they immediately responded that I needed to come into the office for assessment and prescription hydroquinone (skin lightening agent).