61 Year Old Female with Asymmetic Eyelids Showing Signs of Wear and Tear on Upper and Lower Lids - Edinburgh, GB

I had fat removed from upper and lower lids 20...

I had fat removed from upper and lower lids 20 years ago and felt my lower lids were looking tired and the skin loose. My upper lids were slightly mismatched and the surgery was also aimed at correcting this. Six months later there is a subtle yet definite improvement. My eyes are not completely symmetrical, but overall they look refreshed and natural for my age i.e. not overdone. I was worried about visible scarring, but the incisions are virtually undetectable and the bruising/redness healed within ten days.
Edinburgh Plastic Surgeon

I had three sessions over a year with Mr Quaba to ensure we both had the same expectations. I felt my concerns and questions were answered honestly and that time was taken to ensure I understood the procedure and likely outcome as well as any potential risks. Obviously the end result can never be completely predicted, but I felt in safe hands. I had a lot of after surgery pain the first time I had a double blepharoplasty (not with Mr Quaba) and expressed my concern. I was relieved and pleased that Mr Quaba said I would experience no pain and little discomfort - and this was indeed the case. It can be a shock to see the initial result after surgery when dressings are still in place. The eyes are swollen and can be mismatched, however, they did settle over subsequent weeks.