Better Than I Thought Possible - Hull, GB

Ever since I can remember I'd been unhappy with my...

Ever since I can remember I'd been unhappy with my nose. I broke it when I was about ten years old and had it fixed on the NHS but what I didn't know then is that the surgery can undo itself and your nose can go wonky- which is what happened. My nose was completely over to the left side of my face. I also had a big tip which was just cartilidge that I could push up and wobble around like it was delegate from the bony part of my nose. I didn't like that either. I'd seen my gp about my breathing because I couldn't breathe out of the right side of my nose, it was pretty much blocked solid. I was getting headaches almost daily because I was so congested. I looked at private surgery because the NHS wouldn't fix the inside and outside of my nose, if I was going to have an operation I wanted both fixing at once. In my first consultation with mr platt he said he could straighten my nose but he'd need a colleague to do the inside. I had a consultation with an ENT surgeon and then went back to see mr platt. They both agreed they could do what I wanted and put me at ease that although the surgery would be quite complex that it was possible and I could hope for a positive result. I was reassured and both drs seemed very experienced and I trusted them to operate.

Mr platt is amazing. He's changed my life. I've just had my three month follow up appointment and my nose was hideous before and now it's straight and I can breathe out of both sides. I no longer feel ashamed of my nose. The result is better than I ever dreamed would be possible.