Coolsculpting on Upper and Lower Abdomen - Mount Kisco, NY

I went in on the 28th of april for a coolsculpting...

I went in on the 28th of april for a coolsculpting session on my stomach. We decided the best method would be using the coolmax in 4 areas on my belly. the applicator was positioned around my belly button in a diamond shape. Whatever you've read before about the CoolMax head is true. It's intense. Of course the discomfort goes away after the cooling sets in, but the those first few minutes are rough. The post 2 minute massage is also something you really have to prepare yourself for. Not pleasant. The recovery for abdominal coolsculpting procedures tend to be very similar across the board. In short, the recovery sucks. You probably will have some ugly bruising (I did) and yes you will have swelling. Immediately after, your tummy will feel numb to the touch, but also like you just did 1000 sit ups. The next few days are like this. You will start to think, "oh this is't so bad... I guess I'm lucky that I didn't get all that weird itchy pain people were talking about". But hang on! Just you wait! Around post day 3 or 4 you will start to feel itchy... sometimes the way a healing sunburn is itchy and sometimes that deep itch under the skin. You will also start to feel little stinging twinges... almost like a little ant bite. It's time to head to your CVS for a few items if you don't already have them (listed below) because the next few days are going to be pretty annoying. I freelance so I was able to easily stay home for that time. I'm not sure I could have handled having to do my job on day 4 and 5. My tips for this recovery period include - - Compression undies!!! The kind that come up to your bra. They really really help. You may be using these for about 2 weeks so I'd recommend more than one pair. - Advil or Aleve - Ice packs. I would have two large ones so you can rotate them. - Icy Hot gel - The gym. If you can handle wearing a compression garment at the gym, go and spend some time on an elliptical or treadmill. Nothing crazy but moving around actually does help. -I would also plan the procedure so that post day 4 - 7 fall around the weekend. That way if you need to lay low for a few days, it's easy to do so. Hope this has be helpful! PS: A note about my photos. I think this is true for most of us posting selfies here. It's hard to show exact results because of details like angle of your camera, lighting, distance from camera, etc. I tried my best to keep the pictures identical. I know they are not exact but hopefully it's enough for you to get an idea. And honestly, I think my results are even better in person than on film.

Updated pictures

I retook the progress pictures today. I think it's easier to tell what is happening now. I'm just shy of 6 weeks post.

Just over 2 months now.

The results are still improving. I should mention that a month later, I had the process done on the fat roll just under my bra, both in front and back.

2 month progress pictures

Erica

Erica is the three Fs. Friendly, Funny, and overall Fantastic.