59 Yrs Old, TT and Flank Lipo. If I'd Known It Was This Easy, I'd Have Done It Years Ago!! - Southlake, TX

I turn 59 this month, 2 adult kids I had at 33...

I turn 59 this month, 2 adult kids I had at 33 & 35, both c-sections. I never had a weight problem but did gain a TON with each child (65 & 70 lbs) however lost all of it quickly after breastfeeding. Over time, I put on a little weight here and there, but nothing major. When my kids left home after college and I was closing in on 60, I decided it was time to lose 25-30 lbs and exercise more. I began walking religiously, a mile, then two, now up to 5-7 four or five times per week. I lost the weight, and in clothes everyone said I looked 'great'. Trust me, naked I looked like crap!

59-Yr. Old Extended Tummy Tuck with Liposuction of Flanks

I am a 59-yr. old woman who had two C-section births at age 33 & 35. Both of my babies were large, one weighed 8-14, the other 9-14. I gained approx. 65-70 lbs. with each pregnancy. Pre-pregnancies, I was average weight. The weight dropped off quickly with each birth, however the stretching and extra skin, as well as a stomach flap, made me very self-conscious. As I aged became pre-menopausal, I would gain 5 lbs. here, 10 lbs. there. I started a walking program and dropped 30 lbs., however the extra skin and fat wouldn't budge.

Really never thinking I would actually do it, I scheduled a consultation with an area plastic surgeon who I'd heard did good work. I scheduled the tummy tuck surgery only for 3 months out, but as time went by, I began to feel as though I should at least get a second opinion. The first surgeon did not recommend liposuction at all. He also had his staff conduct most of the consultation, only coming in at the end for 10 minutes to check me out personally and see if I had questions. My second opinion was with Dr. Michael Bogdan and it was like a light went off! He was much, much more thorough and attentive. He personally, with a staff member present, took all of the pictures, explained the process at length, and made his recommendations on what he thought was the best approach for me personally, to get the best results. He explained what the benefit of liposuction to the flank areas would be, but it was my decision to include that in my procedure. Every part of the procedure was flawless and his staff was awesome. Dr. Bogdan recommended the extended TT procedure with lipo in two areas, the rear flank areas. When I had concerns about tolerating the pain, he calmly explained that a relative few have considered the procedure to be moderately painful, but that if I followed his instructions, he didn't expect that I would find it any more than mildly uncomfortable. Dr. Bogdan's bedside manner is so calming and considerate that I believed him. The night before surgery Dr. Bogdan called to go over details once again. I had been given something so that I would get a good, restful night's sleep before the morning surgery, and it worked. Next morning, surgery went as scheduled and before long I was awake and in no pain whatsoever. My husband took me home, gave me all meds on schedule exactly as directed by Dr. Bogdan, and I can honestly say that I felt absolutely no pain. The first 3 days I was totally in a fog and don't recall much of anything, but after that I was never once uncomfortable. I am so pleased with my results and would highly recommend Dr. Bogdan to anyone considering having a plastic surgery procedure. The entire process was flawless and I am amazed by the results. I have actually had root canals that were far worse than this experience. Do not let other patient's stories deter you from having this done by their horrible experiences. It just was extremely painless and easy :). Use Dr. Bogdan and follow his instructions. You will be amazed.

Dallas Plastic Surgeon

I'd scheduled my procedures with another physician who came recommended. I decided I'd be remiss if I didn't get a second opinion and the difference was like night and day! Dr. Bogdan was superior in every possible way and was extremely knowledgeable and easy to talk to. I never felt rushed or like any question was too silly to ask. He is simply AWESOME! I am now 10 days out and can honestly say I was never in pain at any time. Sore, yes, but even that was negligible. I'm slightly more tired than is typical for me, but I was actually out shopping today for a couple hours. I would recommend Dr. Bogdan, his wife who is his anesthesiologist, and his entire staff. Thrilled I did this and it's only going to get better as normal swelling goes down.