First Invisalign Tray

Well, I must say I am super excited about this...

Well, I must say I am super excited about this process. I have wanted straight teeth my entire life, but didn't have a good dental plan to support it. I got Invisalign at age 34. I am in my first week, but am already feeling and seeing a shift, especially when it comes to flossing my front teeth. I am still feeling discomfort, mainly on my tongue. Aspirin helps. I keep toothbrushes and floss everywhere to brush my trays and my teeth. It has also made me cut back on snacking. I also drink a lot more water. Another added bonus of Invisalign.

Invisalign case

I decided to add a little flair to my Invisalign case...

Tray 2

Tray 2 is not nearly as uncomfortable as tray 1, but I can tell that my teeth have already begun to shift. I wore bright lipstick before Invisalign so now I guess I need to find lip stain instead.

Tray 3 buttons and bands

Tray 4

I am seeing GREAT improvements with Invisalign! The major one being that my teeth are more aligned (top and bottom).

Tray five

I'm getting used to having these trays in my mouth more and more each day! I also found a lip stain that actually works and that won't get on my Invisalign!!!

Tray 6

I am adding this a few days late, but the progress is still the same. I am finding that I am still getting used to eating, as my teeth are getting more aligned. This is not a complaint, and is telling me that my teeth are moving, which is exciting! My next visit to the orthodontist will be next week, where I will get my next sets of trays!

Tray 7

I am seeing improvements with the alignment of my teeth. I think the band is working. However, my ortho is concerned about one of my teeth not shifting as quickly as the others, so I may need to keep my trays in 14 days at a time instead of 10.

Additional tray 7 photos

Tray 8

I took the tray out to take the photo... my buttons are still in place of course. I am seeing improvements. When I finish my Invisalign, I will get my teeth whitened.

Tray 9

I am seeing more alignment with my teeth, but I am concerned about spacing because one tooth does not seem to be catching up with the rest of them.

Tray 10 of 21!

I see progress!

Tray 10 of 21 (photos)

Tray 11 of 21

Me in real life

Tray 12 equals DENTAL ISSUES

I will start with the pros; I am seeing major improvements with the alignment of my teeth, which is the goal after all, right? The downside is that after an hour or two of putting tray 12 in, I began experiencing pain in my right front tooth. I scheduled a dentist appointment immediately and was told that there is a minor issue with my nerve for that tooth and I will need to go to my orthodontist to readjust my tray. No cavities and I will not need to fear losing my teeth. I have scheduled an appointment with my orthodontist and will update this at that time. My dentist said this is a normal issue he sees with people who get braces. The tray is adding stress to my teeth, you know, forcing them to move and all. The sensitivity I feel comes from anything cold, including air.

Tray 12 and sensitivity (update)

The sensitivity has faded (for the most part), and the dentist nor the orthodontist could find anything. I have another appointment in two weeks.
Dr. Olsen

Very friendly and professional.