Upper and Lower Jaw Surgery, Need Help Deciding - Southern California

Hi all, I've had a asymmetric malocclusion that...

Hi all,

I've had a asymmetric malocclusion that started to develop after I finished braces in High School. This was about a little over a decade ago. I've had brace work again to try to straighten things up but it's just getting worse and worse.

I've seen a local oral surgeon who says he can do this. I'm just not sure if I should do both upper and lower jaw surgery or just lower. Anything I think would help my bite, which is very uncomfortable. I can share the name of the surgeon over PM. The surgeon seems to be just doing what I ask versus recommending, which I can't tell if it's good or bad. On the one hand the surgeon is listening to me but on the otherhand I'm not getting strong recommendations. My scheduled surgery date is in a two weeks time, I haven't paid anything yet, but on the business side they are a bit pushy which somewhat makes me nervous. I'm going through PPO instead of HMO if that's a consideration.

Any guidance would be most appreciated.