24 Years Old, Long Awaited Septo Rhinoplasty. Southampton, GB

Ever since I was 12 I've had an issue with my nose...

Ever since I was 12 I've had an issue with my nose - it was never big as a child but as I hit puberty it just seemed to grow massively!

When I was 24 I did my research and found that Spire Hospital had great feedback on all their surgeons and after speaking to the nurse there, decided to go ahead with Mr Cadier.

When I met with Mr Cadier, he advised me straight away that I would need an open septo rhinoplasty and spent all the time I needed drawing diagrams, outlining the procedure and answering any questions that I had. Once you pay the initial £100 consultants fee, you are able to come back and see him however many times you need to. I saw him twice, once for the initial consultation and again a week before my op was scheduled to go through photos of noses that I liked. Together we picked the ones that suited my face and that he would use to model my new nose on.

Mr Cadier's secretary, Lynn, was always very helpful and friendly when I spoke to her. She kept me informed and ensured all the documents I needed (both admin documents and information packs for myself) were always sent out promptly. I was able to book in my consultations with Mr Cadier through her and also schedule the date for my op in which I chose to book for around a month after first meeting with Mr Cadier.

On the day of the op, I checked in with reception and was promptly shown to my room which was spacious and very clean. The nurses, reception and the hospitality staff were all very informative, friendly and helpful both before and after the procedure which helped me stay relaxed. I was always well informed and introduced to everyone who would be looking after me that day shortly after arriving.

My partner and my little girl (6 months at the time) checked in with me and were able to stay in my room the entire time I was in hospital (I checked in at 7am and checked out at 7pm). I am currently breastfeeding, so having my baby there made things a lot easier for my partner as she will not take a bottle without screaming for hours prior!! The nurses on duty, the anaesthetist and Mr Cadier all accommodated for this so I was able to feed my baby as soon as I'd come round from the anaesthetic.

After my op, while I was in recovery, the anaesthetist informed my partner that the op went well and of my whereabouts. Mr Cadier tried to speak to me after I came round but I was totally out of it and don't remember it at all! He called an hour or so later when I was back in my room to check how I was, update me on the procedure and inform me that he hadn't packed my nose as he was aware I wanted to go home that evening instead of staying overnight. I was given plenty of bolsters though (the padding under your nose) to take home with me.

The nurses on duty gave my great aftercare and we were well looked after by the hospitality staff (the food at Spire was restaurant quality and really delicious)! My discharge was incredibly prompt - I didn't have to wait around, I was given my documents at around 5pm and was told I was free to go whenever or stay until the morning if I changed my mind.

After being discharged, I was given a number and told I could call with any questions any time of the day or night. The hospital also called me a few days after my procedure to check how I was getting on and to see if there was anything I needed.

At the time of writing this, I am 3 weeks and 1 day post op. Swelling can take a year to subside and I still have quite a lot of it which makes the bridge of my nose seem wider than it actually is and also slightly crooked looking, but I'm already so happy with my new nose! Mr Cadier has totally exceeded my expectations, I can't believe how he's managed to turn my huge nose into one that actually suits my face! It is a massive relief to not have to constantly worry about people looking at me side-on and to not be self-conscious about having my photo taken. Having cosmetic surgery was a decision I spent a long time making, but now I'm on the other side of it I am totally happy with my choice to go ahead and to have Mr Cadier preform the operation. I think a lot of people think it's through vanity that you decide to have cosmetic surgery, but they don't understand how much of an impact something you are self conscious about can have on your life. I was never after 'the perfect nose', all I wanted was one that fit my face and Mr Cadier has achieved that perfectly in my opinion. I would not hesitate to recommend him or Spire Hospital :)

6 weeks post op

My nose is pretty much back to feeling normal now. A lot of the swelling has gone down but I can feel there's still quite a bit of swelling on the bridge where the hump was removed and on the tip. My nose feels quite firm to touch. Really, really happy with Nr Cadier's work, my nose is a hundred times better than before and it's made such a difference to my confidence!

11 months on, 2 weeks after a slight revision

So here are my final pics following a small revision as my nose ended up healing slightly crooked.

Overall I am over the moon with it - it has made a massively positive impact to my life. I no longer worry about people looking at me or taking photos from the side :D

I am so glad I picked Mr Cadier to do my surgery - he is such a nice person and a brilliant surgeon. When I met with him to review at about 9 months post op and mentioned my nose being slightly crooked, he was totally understanding and told me I could book in on any Wednesday I wanted and he'd do the revision. There was no extra charge for doing this.

I would hesitate to recommend him to anyone, can't fault anything about him at all!
Salisbury Plastic Surgeon

I found Mr Cadier to be very courteous, friendly and knowledgable. He does not push what he thinks your nose should look like, but really listens to what you want and advises how this (or as close to it) can be achieved. His bedside manner is excellent and I was never made to feel rushed at any of my appointments - he will take the time you need to put you at ease for your operation and give you as much information as you require. Very knowledgeable and skilled surgeon, cannot recommend highly enough!