27 Years Old, Get Rid of Unhealthy Look and Old Face with Fat Grafting in South Korea

I always have thin, flat and hollow face which...

I always have thin, flat and hollow face which makes me look a lot older than my age and unhealthy. People always guess my age wrong, guess what? They said I look 35 or more. This always brings me down and makes me lose self-esteem. Then, I have tried to gain weight and yes I got a fatter tummy and buttom, but my face still looked thin, sunken, hollow and unhealthy. I have tried so many ways, but nowhere near successful. Therefore, fat transfer must be my best choice to have a chance to get fuller and healthy face. I have done a lot of research and read a ton of reviews and that took me almost a year to settle my decision. Finally, I found the review from a girl who had fat grafting with Dr. Hong in South Korea and her result was extremely amazing. I checked out their websites and saw a lot of people who've got amazing results from fat grafting performed by Dr. Hong. There are not many plastic surgeons who can give a reliable result of fat grafting in Thailand, so, without hesitation, I scheduled the date of consultation and procedure with English-speaker doctor assistant and booked a flight to South Korea. I also planned the trip to visit beautiful sight-seeing in Korea and absorb some Korean cultures and lifestyles (foods were great). The day of my consultation has come and I felt extremely nervous because I thought I was going to be intimidated by language barrier and culture differences. But!!! I was totally wrong. Everyone there was so nice to me and my parents. They gave us such a warm welcome and provided us more than we need lol. Dr. Hong was so nice, even though he looked so busy (of course, he has a lot of patients everyday). During the consultation, Dr. Hong provided me all the information I need to know and answered me every question I asked and there was no language barrier between us. He also offered me other treatments that would benefit my skin conditions and face shape, so I decided to receive full face fraxel laser and nose bridge and chin filler, which costed me $370 and $750, respectively. These treatments are optional and cheaper than having them in Thailand hehe. The total price was $3400. From this price I think I've got a lot free stuff from them like postcare treatment and some laser that benefits to my fat grafting result.

Right away after fat grafting, filler, and fraxel laser

After anaesthesia wore off, I woke up with red and swollen face and felt some heat in my skin. I was told that the doctor has finished up everything, including laser and filler, at the same time because I have to go back to Thailand in 5 days. Medication and post-op instruction were provided by the English-speaker doctor assistant. She was very nice and friendly. My hotel is right opposite to the clinic and there are a lot of convenient stores nearby. I didn't feel any self-conscious when walking in that area with mask and swollen face. People there get used to plastic surgery. It is very common in South Korea :D

Day 1-4 post-op (before post care)

The redness from fraxel was less obvious by the next day after surgery. However, my face was swollen so badly. My parents told me I look like a rabbit haha it was funny but I have no laugh to it. I was a little scared that my face would look like that, but the doctor told me that the swelling will get better in 5 days. So, I kept myself calm and waited for the actual result. Although my swelling was really bad, I and my parents still managed to look around Korea. I was on the trip with mask (which is really helpful) and I didn't look that swollen with the mask on. It was a wonderful trip with my parents. And yes, I walked a lot.
The 2nd day post-op, my face was still swollen, but the redness was gone. Today, I walked a lot again haha as the post-op indication says that walking will improve circulation and might reduce swelling. But, I think I walked for too much because there are a lot to see in Korea, so my face was still swollen haha no sign of getting better. The ice packs I got from the clinic were really helpful. They calm my swelling and redness.
The 3rd and 4th days post-op, I walked and ate a lot as usual (Korean food was great). I noticed that my swelling has got a lot better and the pain was completely gone which I didn't realized it.

18 days post-op now

It looks like the swelling was all gone. I know swelling can last up to 3 months and more, so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a great final result. I love my current result so much. Hopefully, the fat cells would survive for years.

1 month post-op

I really love my result now. All the swelling is gone cuz my face volume has remained constant since last week. I've noticed the improvement of my skin texture (less acne scars and no pimples at all) which makes me love my result even more. It's worth flying to Korea to do this procedure with Dr.Hong!!

2 months post-op

So far so good! My face looks a lot better and my skin texture has improved a lot too. It's been 2 months and a half and I can say the swelling is gone completely. I've never loved my face this much before in my life tbh. Thank Dr. Hong for making my life better

Top-up fat grafting after 3 months of the first grafting

It's winter time so I went on the ski trip with my friends in Korea. It was a wonderful time I enjoyed the trip so much. It was also my first time to go fishing under the ice sheets haha. And yes, the last day I went to Fresh Clinic again to get my top-up procedure done with Dr. Hong. I wasn't excited or scared anymore because I could feel a very warm welcome from the staff there. Everyone said HI to me like they miss me haha I miss them too though. After the surgery has finished, I woke up from anaesthesia and was able to talk and walk normally. I even took the bus back to airport by myself (I was all alone this time lol). So many thanks for the English-speaking assistant who took me to a cafe and walked with me to the bus stop. I noticed the swelling wasn't that bad and almost disappeared in 2 days post-op. Since I got a fraxel laser too, my face was red and flaky after the surgery. It was so good to walk around with the temperature -8 degrees haha it incredibly calmed my skin from laser and relieved discomfort from surgery very well. Love Korea!!
Dr. Hong Jonghyun

Nothing to complain about him. To be honest, he is the most generous and caring doctor I have ever met. I felt so comfortable when talking to him. No language barrier between us even I don't speak Korean. His staff are so friendly and very professional.