What It Was Like Afterwards - South Florida

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

It's been about two weeks after my upper eyelid...

It's been about two weeks after my upper eyelid surgery. I waited for several years before I made the decision. All the Doctors I interviewed wanted to do it in a surgical center under general anesthesia. I was very nervous about the anesthesia. Finally I was referred to a PS in my town. I interviewed him and he said it was such an easy procedure he would do it in his office with local anesthesia. I checked him out with my state records and he had good grades.So on the day of surgery I took a valium .( I was supposed to also take a pain pill but I didn't) and he deadened the skin and an hour later I was done.I felt no pain, just some pulling and tugging. As soon as the local wore off I felt burning! I wish now I had taken the pain pill. So when I got home I took the pain pill and put frozen peas on my lids. I took off work for a week and was glad I did. I was red and swollen all the way around my eyes. I had to keep the peas on my eyes off and on the whole time. My eyes were dry and tired and started to itch. The peas were essential!. I wasn't in anymore pain but I was uncomfortable for a good week. Even from the first and and every day afterwards I could tell I was going to like them. They were symmetrical and not overdone.Getting the stitches out was very painful and I wish I had taken a pain pill. Its over quick but still pretty rough. I had little bumps on my lids where the stitches were and that bothered me but they are gradually going away.

The doctor had been very conservative which is what I wanted. No one can tell they have been done but they feel and look better to me! My suggestions would be: take more time off of work than you think,( its still surgery), rest, get the pea,take the pain pills. I had expectations that it would be done and I would be just fine, no, it took more time and discomfort than I thought. I am really happy, are they absolutely perfect, no but they are just fine with me.

Name not provided

I was referred by a friend. Then I went to the state board web sight and checked to see if he had any disciplinary actions against him. I had two interviews with him.

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
4 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
4 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
4 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful