23yr Old, No Children, Wedge Method - South Australia

Hi all, I've found that there is not a lot of...

Hi all,

I've found that there is not a lot of wedge method reviews on realself so Ive decided to add my experience. I'm a bit nervous about showing my lady bits but I'm hoping by doing so it may help others. My surgery date was scheduled for the 14th June 2016.

This was my before, I will update in another post my after and progress.

All the best guys!

Surgery Day

I had my surgery on 14th June 2016, I was nervous but more so excited, I now no longer have to worry about readjusting myself while out in public and to be frank not having two pieces forever sticking out of my vagina and rubbing on my inner thighs.

Upon arrival I was greeted and taken to a room where I removed all my bottom half clothing. I was given a gown and asked to lay back on a chair with my legs bent. Numbing cream was applied and I laid there for an hour to ensure the cream was in full effect.

Before I knew it a knock on the door and I was ready for my surgery. I laid on a operating chair which seperated my legs and reclined me back. The two lovely nurses covered me with a blanket and reassured me everything will be fine.

My doctor came in and explained every step in detail and told me not to worry. With that an injection was put into my arm which made me feel like I've had too many glasses of red and before I knew it my doctor was off!

Throughout the procedure I felt a bit of tugging, at one point I felt a snip, the nurse took notice of my slight discomfort and informed the doctor. I didn't feel anything after that. The procedure lasted an hour.

I was put into recovery and in half an hour and an antibiotic later I was sent home. I was advised to not squat, to relax, take some pain medication and to come in tomorrow morning for a review.

Everything felt fine during the drive home however the moment I laid on my bed I was in extremely pain! Indescribable. I took the most powerful pain medication that I had at home and still no effect.

When I went to the toilet I was dripping blood and feeling faint. It was at that point I contacted my doctor, the nurse advised me that I come in immediately. As no one was home I told her I'd have to drive myself she told me to wait an hour and if bleeding is still occurring to call back and someone will be sent to collect me.

Within the hour the blooding had reduced, my nurse called me and asked how I was doing. I told her the pain is horrible however the blooding has reduced, she still insisted I come in but I said I will monitor the blood and will wait for my appointment tomorrow.

I couldn't stand the pain so the rest of my day was cut short with a beautiful pill called Xanax.

The first day

So it's the morning of my doctors review, the bleeding is MUCH better, just spotting however the pain is still there not as bad as yesterday's.

My doctor has said that everything looks fine however on my left side it was bleeding lot during surgery and he had to redo the stitching in that area.

I have an appointment on the 23rd June 2016 to remove some stitches.

Day Two

Slight discomfort, stinging and arching in certain areas.

I applied a little bit of cream to the area which you can see in the photo - I didn't rub a bit in sorry.

It looks good so far, I'm just a bit worried the left will remain always that little bit better than the right.

Day three

Day four

So today I've had to drive 3 and a half hours one way to see my partner who works away. I'm a tad nervous how the pain with me but I'm sure everything will be fine.

Here is the progress picture.

Day five

Aargh. Woken up with my period. Overall healing is going well, swelling is slowly going down. Yay

Day six

Yay. The left side is slowly reducing in size. Slight pain but overall going well. Bruising is going down, I am starting to get itchy due to healing

Day seven

Yay! It's a week today!!!

I'm a bit itchy today and honestly I am SO over be careful with how I sit and how I stand.

I'm still a bit worried with my left side, I'm hoping I'm not left with one side better. Still a lot more healing to do. We will wait and see.
Dr.