38 Years Old 3 Pregnancies - South Africa

Looked 7 months pregnant and now already looking...

Looked 7 months pregnant and now already looking human. It's only 4 days post op but feeling on top of the world so far despite pain and the dreaded drains! Time to do something for me for a change! Luckily we have best surgeons in South Africa and procedure is accordingly affordable. Full tummy tuck, navel moved and flank lipo...Let's see!

Day 5

So post op day 5. Had bandages removed and now in binder 24/7 until further notice. One drain out and looking forward to next one. Quite swollen but difference already apparent. Yay! Bruising is crazy!

Day 6

So finally managed to tape my bottom drain down and now feeling much better. Took ant inflammatory tonight but don't need any pain killers - even managed to cook dinner at the stove sitting on a bar stool! (My husband is on contract in Asia for 3 months so I have to do the best I can). Having my first shower today was phenomenal! At end of the day, and even having gained 7kgs since pre -op, my tummy already looks SO much flatter!

Day 7

So bruising is dropping a bit and yellow g on top. Walking becoming easier but slowly. Last drain out tomorrow whoop whoop! I managed to sit with little man this evening (who is almost 3) and play games with him on his I pad (we have a power outage so no electricity), without worrying too much about kicks and accidental bumps. He also gave me huge cuddles and it didn't hurt! Yay! One area of concern for me is that I have developed a lump on my right hip just under the lipo area. Thank goodness I am seeing doc tomorrow afternoon so he can check it out. I keep itching like crazy in the bruised areas...anyone else had this before? I'm hoping it's a sign of healing! Scar not too bad considering it's a week. I can't remember how fast or slow I healed from 3 emergency C Sections. I was either planning funerals for my two angel babies or expressing milk for the little guy in NICU. So how I was healing of no concern at that time I guess. I think cut and belly button look good, but Lack of feeling around navel is so weird! Very swollen today and looking so big. Im going to put this down to swelling and water and fluid retention. Let's hope lump Resolves itself!

11 days post op

So the drains coming out on Thursday was a turning point. I am far more mobile and in a lot less pain. I have a hematoma on my back but I am advised gentle massage will make it go away. Day by day the swelling is easing and my cut is looking better and better. Let's hope the healing process continues well!

18 days post op

Right so I'm doing so much better but wow it's an emotional roller coaster. I'm tired of being sore and dreading going back to work this week. Wish I had waited another week. Itchiness and bruising all cleared now. But still bent over when walking and back ache can be the pits. I'm looking forward to the day I wake up and I'm just feeling healthy and happy! Belly button and cut looking way better! Now if that swelling would only subside!

Best doctor ever. Great bedside manner and so gentle!