32 Year Old Getting Liposuction at Hillcrest Hospital - South Africa

32 year old mother of 1 and I'm finally getting my...

32 year old mother of 1 and I'm finally getting my abdomen liposuctioned. I've been to two consults with Dr Hayes and my surgery is booked! Eeekkkk! I have always had a fat deposit "pooch" on my lower belly which is resistant to diet and gym. After my child was born it seemed even harder to work off. There has been no other reviews of Dr Hayes or the Hillcrest Hospital so I thought I would be the first as I'm sure many south Africans would appreciate the review. I promise to post pics and update as I go along. Wish me luck!!!

Day before jitters

So tomorrow is surgery day and boy am I nervous! I've updated my will, my daughter's baby book, packed my hospital bag and I'm going to shave, wash my hair and basically make sure I'm seriously clean cause I'm not sure when I'll get the chance to bath again! Very excited but very nervous too. Will upload pics and let you all know how it goes. Wish me luck!

Done!

Checked into hospital at 6am this morning. I suprizingly wasn't as nervous as I thought I was going to be especially as I was all alone. I was completely knocked and woke up 4 hours later in some discomfort. I immediately asked for more painkillers to get "on top" of my pain management. I've since been walking around and going to the toilet easily. Feels like I've done 20 000 situps. Bruising is coming out bad and I haven't even seen my actual Lipo areas! They look scary but they are not sore. I'll check out of hospital tomorrow. I believe that's when the pain really kicks in. I know voltaren subositries work wonders so I'm buying a box asap! My Panama pants are already falling off so im happy so far even with all the swelling.

24 hours after lipo

Pain is totally bearable, albeit lots of bruising but I believe that's good as the more the skin is irritated the better it contracts. Results (with swelling) is amazing so far. Dr Hayes has done a great job and im very happy!

14 days in!

So I've survived 14 days. Pain was quite bad on day 4 and 5 and then got better. My tummy is still very swollen and I've started to massage it twice a day myself and I start with endomologie massage tomorrow. Will post pics soon.

2.5 weeks in

I've had 2 endermologie massages so far.

2 months post op

Amazing results and I've been working hard so I've lost 6kgs this far.

2 months post op

Dr Philip Hayes

Dr Hayes was professional and my results are amazing. I healed very quickly thanks to the endermologie he suggested. I would go back to Doctor Hayes in a heartbeat for any other surgery.