Ultherapy Maiden Voyage- Great Experience - Solana Beach, CA

After a year of deliberation and saving up, I...

After a year of deliberation and saving up, I finally had Ultherapy at Art of Skin M.D. The appointment lasted approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes, including check in, pictures, medication and the actual procedure. I opted to have the upper and lower face, as well as my neck. My provider had a promotion, and the neck was included at no extra charge for a very limited time.

Although I have a high pain tolerance, I was worried about the pain, based on other reviews. I was given valium and demoral, and I had zero pain during the procedure, and in fact found it very relaxing. Apparently many people fall asleep, but I did not. The only (minor) discomfort was the multiple lidocaine shots administered in the face and neck area, which were really no big deal. By way of comparison, I have had laser hair removal, IPL, Resurfx, cryotherapy, Sculptra, botox, etc.... and although I did not find ANY of these "painful", the Ultherapy was the least uncomfortable of any of them. (I am sure that's the demoral talking, lol). The procedure went smoothly, and Nurse Jessica did a great job as per usual.

I have said this before. You get what you pay for, and paying for an experienced provider is CRITICAL. Dr. Palm, Nurse Jessica and the entire team at Art of Skin M.D. are amazing, and always make me feel comfortable. Dr. Palm is an experienced industry trainer, and it is evident in everything she does. Both she and Nurse Jessica are thorough, gentle and accurate. They are very accurate in describing exactly how things will go during all procedures, which is very comforting to me. They listen to me, and assuage my fears every time.

I selected "Not Sure" as my option for "Worth It?" only because I don't know how my personal physiology will respond to this treatment just yet, and we won't know the actual results for a few months. But so far, am I glad I took the leap? YES! Stay tuned for my results.

Remember. You get what you pay for. Please, please save up, and use an experienced provider like Art of Skin M.D. if you are serious about experience, professionalism and results. You will not regret the decision.
Art of Skin M.D.

Nurse Jessica, (personally trained by Dr. Palm) performed my Ultherapy. It was painless and comfortable, as are all the procedures that I have had done here at Art of Skin M.D. I am a nervous Nelly, so I really appreciate the fact that they explain everything in detail so that I know what to expect. They are exceedingly patient and always listen to my concerns. I highly recommend this team and can't say enough about them.