The Smile I Always Wanted - New York

I absolutely love and recommend Juvederm. As long...

I absolutely love and recommend Juvederm. As long as you partner with a reasonable human being to help guide you through the process and aesthetic outcome. Don't be fooled it's mostly psychological.

And to note: I would be equally happy and healthy without a fuller smile... but I smile more knowing i can.

The process is pain free. Please, don't believe anyone who tells you it hurts. Again, the pain is mostly intellectual. Otherwise, there's a turbo numbing cream that - fortunately and unfortunately - erases all sensation from your entire face and certainly your lips for an hour (or so).

The cream sits on your face for a good ten minutes until you're completely numb. The needle goes in without any sensation. The most awkward part is feeling the material enter your body. Again, painless. The doctor then massages your lips sculpting the material in your mouth. And - ta-dah - magic. The worse part of the experience is waiting for the turbo numbing material to wear off. Not so bad.

From time to time, you bruise (it happened to me once). Sure, that can provoke a bit of anxiety but the likelihood bruising happens is 10%. And, if you're that 10%...chill. It's a bruise. Not a scar. It fades with time. Swiftly.

As a final note. I'm a total exercise nerd. If i can't break a sweat every day, I freak. Luckily with this procedure I was able to jump on the treadmill the next day. They say the blood flow can make bruises worse but's fine. Run away. As long as your body says it's okay.
New York Dermatologist

Trust is a tricky thing...especially in the world of cosmetic surgery. I visited Dr. Rabach after years of lamenting the fact my lips disappeared when I smiled. It seemed unfair. I'm no Victoria Beckham. I smile constantly. Terrified, I walked into Dr. Rabachs office. My fear dissolved the second I met her. She is honest, straightforward, and REAL. She recommended I try a half syringe to see if I liked the results. If that wasn't enough, we'd follow up with the second half. Over the course of six months she and I worked to create the perfect smile (2 appmts total). In feeling in control of the process I no longer feared the procedure. I recommend Dr. Rabach to everyone and anyone who has equal interest in beauty inside as they do outside.