29 Year Old After Substantial Weight Loss - Tulsa, OK

I am 4'11 and currently weight 120 lbs. Four years...

I am 4'11 and currently weight 120 lbs. Four years ago I stepped on the scale at a pre-employment physical and almost had a heart attack. It said 176 lbs! At the time I was in a healthcare professional school and working full time so I used diet alone to lose my weight. After losing 53 lbs I still wasn't really happy. I still felt chunky. I then started running. Typically I ran 10 miles a week. I still only made it down to 117 lbs. I was much more lean but still had a belly. Finally I started looking into coolsculpting. I had my first session on feb 1, 2017.

The pain during the procedure wasn't bad at all. I had two curved applicators on my lower abdomen and one flat one on my upper abdomen. When she took off the first applicator I instantly felt sick. Cold sweats, shaky, nauseous. This went away quickly and I proceeded with the other two applicators. Each time I was not a fan of the feeling when they were taken off but I toughed it out.

The next morning I was a little sore, nothing more than a post workout soreness. Day 2-same. Day 3-back to 80% with an occasional twingeing pain. Day 4 and 5 same. Now on day 6 I started to experience what they call "late onset pain." They say 10-15% of patients experience this. Lucky me. The best way to describe it is it feel like I have 2-3rd degree burns across my rib cage. I tried compression wear, heating pad, Tylenol, ibuprofen....finally I called the facility that performed it. She suggested more ibuprofen and ice packs. The ice packs have helped but I ended up taking 1/2 loratab every 4 hrs or so. I am still swollen by my rib cage. The lady told me she would talk to the doctor and see if lidocaine injections would help.

To be honest I'm not looking forward to my second session at all. Unless I see pretty decent changes I cannot say this is worth it.

I will say that I read other reviews and thought everyone who complained of pain were just big babies. I take that back now.

Two weeks after

So it's been two weeks now. I'm still feeling pain. Both the searing, burning pain as well as muscle soreness. It's still only on my upper abdomen where I had the flat applicator. On day 10 I actually had to go in to the office to have lidocaine injections for the pain. Not sure if I should go ahead with my second treatment or not

Post week 4

So all numbness and pain are gone. I'm noticing that my stomach does feel harder I guess you can say. My measurements are the same and I think I'm actually up a few pounds. My pants feel the same however. I think that means something maybe. I still haven't scheduled my second session. I'm a tad nervous still.

6 weeks post

So between turning the dreaded big 3-0 and other various things I'm somehow up 6 lbs. I hadn't noticed at all since my clothes fit the same. I am thinking this is due to the cool sculpting. No, I didn't let myself go bc I had gotten the coolsculpting but I do think I picked a bad time of year. I have recently started my gym routine again and staying away from all the junk food. Here are a couple pics to show the progress

9 weeks post

So I went ahead a scheduled another treatment. I'm still not doing my upper abdomen but I paid for two more applicators for my lower abdomen. I probably wouldn't have but the place had a special pricing event which made them $500 an application (bargain right? Haha). I do notice some change. It's just hard to tell if the change justifies the cost.

10 weeks post

I'm kind of wondering if this is as good as it gets. I do see change. They say only 20% with one treatment. I guess I would agree with that. I go back at the end of the month for round til. We'll see.
Laura

Jan who did my consult was very professional but tried to squeeze every penny out of me. Laura who performed my procedure was very nice but was still more concerned about staying on schedule rather than making sure I was comfortable with proceeding.