My Lipo Experience (OMG!) - Silver Spring, MD

I was 48 years old, 5'2, and 130 lbs. when I...

I was 48 years old, 5'2, and 130 lbs. when I elected to have liposuction. I had almost adult age children at the time and I had previously experienced a fall that exacerbated already forming arthritis in my right foot. After being forced to wear an orthopedic boot twice, regular cortison shots and medication galore, my generally fit body had turned to mush. My nice thick yet firm thighs were soggy and I hated looking at my already stretch marked and c sectioned belly. All those years of running and workouts in the gym to stay fit, were being sucked right out of me and had become cellulite ridden, fat and loose hanging skin. So I called the Plastic Surgeon that had repaired a disfigurement caused to my right upper eye (by a previous fall as a child) to see what he could possibly do to at least get me back to as close to the body I formerly had as possible.

I had the consultation and was so pleased, I opted to make the appointment 2 weeks later. I was nervous, but I trusted he would take the same care of me as he had done in the past. Choosing a Reconstructive Board Certified Surgeon with operating room privileges was of the utmost importantance to me. He discussed my options and recommended I get put to sleep because of the low fat level as well as, doing it in an office visit would limit his ability to really contour my body the way he wanted.

These are my 'Before' photos.

Sorry for the delay...

I've been very busy and wanted to get the photos posted in order. In the meantime I got engaged. Yaaaayyy for me. Here is one of my after photos. I will post the entire experience soon. I promise!
Dr. Onyewu

Loved my experience from Beginning to End!