Hairline Lowering, 25 Year Old Female - Bondi Junction, AU

Hello! I am having this procedure done in July by...

Hello!
I am having this procedure done in July by Dr Nettle from Silkwood Medical in Sydney, Australia. I am a 25 year old female who will be travelling interstate for it. I would love to get in contact with anyone else who is also having the procedure done by him this year, preferably females of a similar age. Also, if anyone has had this done and would like to get in contact with even some before/after photos or advice that would be great!
Thanks!

26 Years Old, Hairline Lowering with Dr Nettle, Bondi Junction, AU

I am currently just over 2 weeks post op after having my hairline lowered by Dr Nettle from Silkwood Medical. I have been so surprised as to how easy the healing process has been and how little pain I've had. I have wanted to have this procedure done for close to 7 years now when I first discovered it but my high hairline has been an issue long before I knew there was a fix for it, going on about 14 years now. Since then I have had a fringe or headband permanently covering my forehead and my biggest motivation for having this surgery was because I realised how much it was effecting every aspect of my life, I was sick of saying no to things I wanted to do because my fringe might get out of place! I was originally planning on travelling to America to have this done until I discovered Dr Nettle and after spending hours looking through his website, Facebook, realself and all his before and afters I had no doubt that he was the surgeon for me and he would be able to give me an amazing result. Given that I live interstate, I chose to send Dr Nettle photographs of my forehead and hairline and had a phone consultation and then only have my face-to-face consultation the day before my surgery. I understood that there was a risk by doing this but chose to accept it and it ended up being the right decision for me. Dr Nettle and his team at both Silkwood and Bondi Private hospital made me feel nothing but comfortable and safe throughout the whole thing from consultations to pre and post op. Dr Nettle made himself available to me at any time by providing his personal contact number and, although it was never required, it was comforting to know if I had any concerns I could contact him. I barely had any pain besides an unfortunate side effect from taking Codeine which I've now discovered doesn't agree with me and had no problems sleeping or managing my pain with just paracetamol, I was out and about (although taking it very easy) the second I had my bandages removed! When I had the bandages removed after only 2 days I knew immediately I'd made the right decision and Dr Nettle had done an incredible job, 2 weeks later I look at myself in the mirror and I can hardly remember what I used to look like because it looks so natural already. I have had a very small amount of hairloss along the scars at either side that go back to just above my ears but so far I have had no hairloss at all along my forehead and have already got hairs growing through and on the other side of the scar! The scar is of course still a bit red which is expected but I'm already amazed at how well it is healing. I without a doubt would recommend both this procedure and Dr Nettle to everyone and I couldn't be happier with my results so far!

4 months post op.

Just wanted to post a quick update with how everything is going after 4 months since the op. There's still lots of healing to be done but I am very happy with my results so far. I have zero pain now, there's been no pain since maybe 1 month post or even before! I'm not wearing my fringe off my face very often yet, the scar is still too noticeable for me to feel 100% comfortable yet, I'm not big on makeup so until it's unnoticeable with no makeup or just a tinted moisturiser I will continue to keep the scar covered. In saying that, that is just my choice as I prefer to keep the scar clean, once or twice I have worn my hair off my face with some concealer and no one (including myself) could notice. The scar is still slightly red but I know part of that is related to the massaging I do at least once a day: Hair is growing through the scar and even on the other side of the scar so I have no doubt it will be completely camoflaged in another few months. My only complaint at this stage is the scars from my temples back on either side of my head which are still noticeable when I tie my hair back if I'm not careful, but I have noticed a huge improvement in this area just in the last week or so. I am completely 100% happy that I had this done and could not recommend Dr Nettle enough. For anyone in Australia considering this there is no reason to travel to America to have it done (which I definitely looked into myself as well!)
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Dr Nettle is incredibly talented and experienced at what he does, he was kind and imformative and listened to your concerns and goals for the procedure but at the same time I found him to be very straightforward and honest about potential risks and complications which I definitely appreciated and I knew immediately after meeting him how experienced he was and that I would be in safe hands. His whole team, especially Cherieve, are amazing and went out of there way to make me feel comfortable and answered all my questions. I would without a doubt return to Silkwood Medical if I was to have any other procedures done.