36 Year Old Female, No Kids, No Partner...not Sure if I Can Handle This, but Here Goes - Shepparton, AU

Cost in Australia: $8990 Tray 1 - Day 4 I was so...

Cost in Australia: $8990

Tray 1 - Day 4
I was so excited about getting my new smile. Even on the day of fitting my first aligners, I wasn't nervous. Just excited.Then I was shown my treatment plan...

27 sets of aligners (54 weeks of invisalign treatment), 15 attachments to start (8 on the top and 7 on the bottom), and they had to file the sides of 2 of my teeth to make room for them to move.

I'm not excited about how long it's going to take. My orthodontist doesn't like to use Acceledent, so I'm stuck with that time (she says there's no evidence that it does what it claims). I'm also not happy about where the attachments are. All of the attachments on my top teeth are on the front teeth, so my lip sticks out. May as well have had braces. At least that's how I feel right now. I was very down for the first few days after having it done. I've pretty much cancelled dating for the next year. I keep telling myself that I'm going to look like a million bucks when it's finished, but it doesn't really make me feel better. I just have to get used to them.

Apart from how I feel about my appearance, they're actually pretty good. I can get them off and on just fine. Have to consolidate my eating though so I don't have to brush and floss as often (it gets old really quick), and my teeth hurt when I take my aligners out and eat (not while they're in), but it's not extreme or anything. Not pain, but sore.

Start pics

Before my first treatment, and with my first trays.

A bit over a week in...

I got my first trays in on the Friday, my teeth were the sorest they'd been the whole time on the Following Wednesday, and then the soreness just stopped and all is good. So the last 3 days have been a breeze. I still have a bit of a lisp and I'm still figuring out smiling (my top lip sits above my attachments when I smile), but I'm feeling so much better about my decision now. Can barely wait another 6 days to change into my second lot of trays!

Tray 2!

So teeth stopped hurting from about day 5 or 6, and rays felt 'loose' for the whole second week of tray 1. Changed into tray 2 last night, and it fits nice and snugly. Every issue I had with tray 1 is now gone. My top lip even fits over the top of my attachment bubbles better so my aligners aren't so obvious anymore. And I can already see a difference in my teeth! The yellow ones you see in my pic, have moved out a bit so there's not much overlap. They were the main reason I was getting my teeth fixed in the first place. I'm happy ????

Tray 3

The last 2 weeks have flown by. Hopefully this keeps up and then my treatment will be over in no time!

With each plate I notice a different tooth or area being focused on. And I can definitely see changes in my most problem teeth.

New pic. Hopefully as I get further through my treatment and I take more pics, I will pull more attractive faces than these ones lol. Maybe some smiles even! ????

Tray 4 - 23 September

Tray 5 - 7 October

Tray 6 - 21 October

Tray 7 - 6 November

Forgot to change my trays on Friday ????. 1/4 done!!

Tray 7 - 6 November