Love My Enhanced Eyebrows! - Seattle, WA

This is actually the 3rd time I have had permanent...

This reviewer is affiliated with RealSelf. The views expressed here are their own and do not reflect the views of RealSelf, Inc.

This is actually the 3rd time I have had permanent makeup done on my eyebrows, otherwise known as cosmetic tattooing (but very different from traditional tattoos).

Just like traditional tattoos, cosmetic tattoos fade over time, though I think the fading is far more significant, so it is common to have something like your eyebrows re-done/touched up every 3-5 years. I've had them done in 2006, 2009, 2015 all by the same guy.

This time I asked that they be a bit fuller than in past years and I especially love the result. Probably a combination of me being 31 now and having a more established "look" and routine, and also that Terry has only gotten better over time.

I also think they healed quicker. I recall the first year taking around 2 weeks. But I feel like on day 8 they are ready. The first couple days they will be DARK and glossy, because you have to keep ointment on them for 6 days. So I recommend a week where you don't have anything special going on. The second week they may be slightly itchy, but will look normal.

What's great about Terry is that he is a makeup artist and has had his own line of cosmetics. He has eyebrow pencils that match his tattoo ink. Terry will draw in your eyebrows with his suggested shade and shape, and then discuss with you from there if you think you prefer something a little different.

The tattooing is not painful, it just feels intense because it's on your face, your eyes will likely water, but he uses a numbing solution before and throughout the procedure which helps. He's scheduled me for a touch up in 6 weeks if I feel I need one, which is included.

Terry has also done eyebrows, as well as eyeliner, eye shadow, and lips on both my mother and grandmother. They loved their results and regularly get compliments. His work really enhances your natural features and is not overbearing.

Terry Mestrovich

I've known Terry for years, since he was traditional hair and makeup. He used to cut and color my hair when I was in High School. Around that time, I believe, he got into permanent makeup. I had always wanted my eyebrows done because the hair was sparse and they never looked like twins, little alone sisters. Additionally, I have a scar on the right eyebrow which prevents hair growth. http://terrymestrovich.com/ Terry is wonderful, both in skill and personality. He's a lovely person with a calming demeanor. Permanent makeup can feel a little intense, but Terry always puts you at ease. Cannot recommend him enough.