36, 2 C-sections, Tummy-tuck and Breast Lift - 5'7" 155lbs - Seattle, WA

Back in 2002 Dr. Sowder corrected my severely...

Back in 2002 Dr. Sowder corrected my severely asymmetrical breasts. She put an implant on my left side and lifted my right breast, and I have loved my breasts ever since! It was the best decision I have ever made.

Fourteen years and 2 c-sections later my body doesn't look too hot! I have the typical c-section lower tummy sag and my poor "real" breast (the one with out the implant) is very sad looking. So I decided after many years of him-hawing around about it to go back to Dr. Sowder and have her work her magic for a second time. I just had my pre-op consultation yesterday and she's going to do a full tummy-tuck and lift my right breast so it will better match my left side, which has the implant. (They will never look identical, but I have always known that, I would just like them to look similar.) I'm so excited, but so nervous! I remember how much recovery sucks and I'm not looking forward to it - but I am looking forward to not being disappointed with how my body looks anymore! I've even ordered a bikini to wear next year! I haven't worn a bikini in over 10 years!!

More pre-op photos

A little bit more about me: I live in Seattle, I'm an avid runner (1/2 marathons are my favorite), I'm married with 2 kids (both c-sections), I work, and I'm currently in school to become a Radiation Therapist. I'm 5'7", 155 pounds (I'd like to drop a few pounds before surgery) and 36 years old.

I've been really nervous about the recovery period (I remember what it was like last time) so I took some pictures so I can remember after my surgery, when I am feeling down, what my stomach looked like. It's super annoying to have your stomach resting on your legs or falling to the side when you lay down. I can't wait for that to be a thing of the past.

So far I've only told my parents, sister and one friend about my upcoming surgery. My husband and I are going to talk to our kids about it tonight (they are 6 & 9) and although I wasn't going to tell anyone else I know that I'll need to be open about it because my 6 year old is blabby! I hope friends/family are understanding and supportive. I had my pre-op visit last week and Dr. Sowder assured me that no amount of exercise will fix my stomach, which I kind of knew already, but it's nice to hear it from a professional!

Two days to go

Two days to go until my surgery and it's starting to sink in. I'm so excited!!! The weather here has been warm and my front butt (that's what I call my stomach) has been getting on my nerves. I hate it resting on my thighs in dresses and it looks so horrible in shorts. I always wear a pair of spanx with my outfits, but when it's in the 90's outside spanx become extra uncomfortable. I can't wait to get rid of all the extra stomach flab!!! Getting my breasts re-done so they are even is just the icing on the top! I've been thinking about maybe doing a boudoir photo shoot after I'm all healed...!!! We'll see.

The last couple of days I've been running errands getting ready for surgery. I've picked up my prescriptions, gotten the house cleaned, picked up new jammies, got some protein shakes, and 4 new pillows for recovery. And I've read my pre and post op instructions a gazillion times like a crazy lady. Tomorrow I'm taking my kiddos to my mom & dad's house and they will stay with them for a week. It will be longest time they've spent away from me. My kids are excited though since my parents spoil them a lot!

My check in time for surgery is 10:30 on Wednesday, with surgery scheduled for noon, which is a bummer since I won't be able to have any food/drink after midnight. I don't know how I'll last that long without water - or at least my coffee!

I made it!

My sugary was yesterday and everything went well. Everyone at Dr Sowders office are so kind and wonderful.

I was in a lot of pain when I got home, but I felt much better after I took my pain medication. Then I slept most of the day. I have been sleeping upright on our couch with my legs elevated on the coffee table, but I thought that sleeping propped up in my bed would be more comfortable. Unfortunately it hurt my stomach waaaay to much, so I moved back to the couch.

My husband has been so helpful, he's been taking care of everything and it's been so nice not to worry about anything! He's even been able to empty my drains, which I know is hard for him since he gets queazy very easily.

My post op appointment isn't until Monday and I have to keep my binder, compression garment, and sports bra until then. They said I'll get the big reveal then. It's a total bummer because I want to see what I look like now!!! I can be so inpatient!

Sleeping is my bff

My pain level is very low today, although I still need help getting up to walk to the bathroom and I don't have much of an appetite. I'm still posted up on the couch and I'll most likely stay here for the next couple days. I've been able to sleep pretty well, which I didn't think was possible.

The one thing that I wish I had gotten was a toilet seat lifter. I didn't realize how low the toilet is!

Hey husband has been really great and helpful. He usually doesn't do well around blood (he almost passed out when our daughter was born) but he hasn't had any trouble emptying my drains and stuff like that.

Dr Sowder called to check up on me which I thought was really nice of her. She reassured m that if I needed anything to call her office and they'll page her for me.

I CANNOT WAIT to see my results on Monday, I hope my belly button looks okay!

I hope everyone else is recovering well!
Seattle Plastic Surgeon