Better Late Than Never! -Seattle, WA

5'7" 130lbs 42yo 32b 350 cc hp implants August...

5'7" 130lbs 42yo 32b 350 cc hp implants August 5th

My boobs were always tiny. Except when I was nursing my kids. Then they were huge, only to get tiny and droopy when I was done. After nursing 3 babies my 32b boobs were nothing but empty skin sacks, they kind of resembled fried eggs. I would wear a bra all the time, even to bed, because they were so ugly and so flat I didn't want to see them or have my husband see them. Finally we decided it was time to do something about my unhappiness.
I went to 2 consultations and decided on the second surgeon I met with. They both suggested a high profile implant for my narrow chest. Both suggested implanting through my armpit. And both suggested going between 300-350cc's. Given the consultations gave similar suggestions I chose the surgeon that I just felt more comfortable with.
I had my surgery on August 5th and am thrilled! My confidence is already better just because I feel my body is so much more in proportion.
I will add more about my actual procedure and add photos in the coming days. I know it helped me so much reading other women's experiences , so I'd like to be able to share mine and hopefully help someone else along.

Better late than never

Some before and after pics

After pics

Day of surgery details

Felt like I was watching someone else go through this experience. It was hard for me to believe even as I was about to go under that I was actually finally going through with it. When I woke up all I couldn't even open my eyes because the pain was so intense. It was pain and pressure all the way down my arms. I was in awful pain for about 4 hours. Tried the muscle relaxer and the oxy i was prescribed, but no relief. Then I took ibuprofen and felt much better! I'm sure it was the combination of all the medication, but the ibuprofen was the icing on the cake! After that it's really only been uncomfortable, but not nearly as intense as those first few hours.

Better late than never

I'm going to post some pics of my recovery timeline. Lots of swelling, some bruising and a lot more swelling. I was literally 10 pounds heavier 2 days post op. I know 1.72 pounds of that are boobs, but the other was swelling and bloating! No joke.

BLTN

Day 4 and implants are still pretty high. My left is dropping a bit. Still lots of bruising, swelling and sticky residue from the tape! I finally had to use rubbing alcohol to get it all off. And this may be TMI, but I absolutely had to use an enema. The backup was sooooo uncomfortable and fiber supplements just were not enough! Ugh....
Oh and make sure you get a wegde pillow, button or zip front shirts, and straws! Those were things I couldn't have done without!

BLTN

Every day they look better! Still a little sore, but bruising is disappearing.
I love having new boobs! They have completely balanced my body and have given me so much more confidence. Wish I would have done this years ago!

Found comfy wireless lounge bra at victorias secret. 32d

BLTN

Left is definitely dropping faster than right, but I still love them!

BLTN

So, I had my implants put in through my armpits which is great if you don't want scars on your breasts. However, I didn't think far enough ahead about hair removal after stitches. My piece of advice to anyone chosing the same method is to either get lasered for permanent hair removal or get sugared or waxed a few dsys before. I really wish I would have done that. I'm currently trying to shave around the healing wounds, but it's not perfect and my full feeling has not come back there yet which makes it super hard.
Seattle Physician