Botched Primary Rhinoplasty by Sam Naficy - Seattle, WA

Last year I made a rash decision to have surgery...

Last year I made a rash decision to have surgery with Dr Naficy for what I believed to be a straight forward rhinoplasty. We agreed on changes over the phone and 1 week later I met him on surgery day. I remember how rushed and flippant he was, and how he looked at me when I went to ask questions. Like I was saying something stupid? And how I said "So no nostril show remember" and he insisted "Oh just a bit" before he walked out of the room. I figured it was his job to make people look beautiful so I should agree with his judgement. In retrospect I realise he didn't bother asking me what I wanted because he was always going to do the kind of nose he does.

The result of my surgery is embarrassing. It is twice as wide as used to be, and is very overstortened. It's as though the tip begins between my eyes and tapers out into a wide triangle shape. My nostrils used to be wider than my tip but now are in a straight line. It was swollen and fluctuating for about a year, due to all of the unnecessary work he did inside my nose. I have strut grafts, tip grafts and nostril rim grafts. He used up all of the cartilage inside my nose.

This month I will have a revision so I can hopefully put this behind me. The surgery is expected to take 5.5 hours and use my rib to rebuild it. It's going to be a full on surgery with overnight stay in a hospital. And I will require a balloon with some kind of fluid to be inside my body for 5 days to help heal the rib. It may require another surgery because of the risk of rib warping and also because "You can't push a car off a building and ask someone to build you a rolls royce". In addition to all of this I never even recieved a follow up phone call from Dr Naficy, and the details in my surgical report turned out to be innaccurate.

Beware this doctor. Expensive, unskilled, uncaring.
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon

Having surgery with Dr Naficy has been a disaster financially, physically and emotionally. This month I will have a revision using my rib to rebuild the nose that he destroyed.