Amputation Rhinoplasty ~~ Sam Naficy Bellevue

The one thing I was looking for when I was...

The one thing I was looking for when I was researching rhinoplasty surgeons was a natural, elegant aesthetic. I liked many aspects of my nose and just wanted some minor changes. I consulted with several popular rhinoplasty surgeons including Ashkan Ghavami, Vladimir Grigoryants and John Hilinski. And I crossed them off for various reasons in favor of Sam Naficy because his gallery looked so nice and he seemed to understand that I wanted a subtle result. My rhinoplasty result with Dr Naficy can best be described an an "amputation" rhinoplasty. I cannot describe the stress and shame and loss of identity that I have suffered as a result of this decision.

Photos

6 weeks vs 1 year

I was told that swelling was to blame for the poor appearance, which I suppose is the standard response. It did get a little slimmer but the basic shape is the same a year on.

Feedback from others

I was told people would be unlikely to notice, but they certainly did notice. My family cringed and said "What did you do to yourself?". I had a complete stranger say "You have huge nostrils. I can see right up your nose". Someone I hadn't seen for a while messaged me after I uploaded a new photo to social media and said "Did you do something to your nose? It looks like a fat chinese nose". Thanks to Sam Naficy my confidence has been at an all time low.
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon

I had rhinoplasty to improve my side view. I requested no change to the front except to make the tip smaller by 2mm. The bridge is filled with loose skin now because he cut off too much. His staff are eager to sell his skills, and convince you that he is worth paying double the cost of other surgeons. He is not skilled, and once you pay he is not interested in speaking with you.