Restylane Filler for Tear Trough and Lips - Scottsdale, AZ

I went to Dr. Hobgood because I wanted to get...

I went to Dr. Hobgood because I wanted to get filler injected into my hollowed under eyes to minimize my dark circles and shadows and have my lips done. I've had lip injections once before by a different plastic surgeon using juvederm but never have had my eye area done. Since the eyes are a tricky area if not done properly (tear trough), I only wanted to see a FACIAL plastic surgeon to do this. After reading the reviews on RealSelf, I decided Dr. Hobgood would be my best choice. I am so happy I chose him. I arrived an hour early and his assistant applied numbing cream. No dental block was used, just numbing cream. He used Restylane (which also contains a numbing agent, xylocaine) for both my eyes and lips. He was VERY gentle. He took his time as I had explained to him that my previous injectable experience was quite traumatic. He explained the entire process before he started and even during. He made sure I was as comfortable as I could be during the injections. I assumed the eyes would be very painful to have done, but it was a breeze. They did not bruise and I am so happy with how they look. I no longer look so tired everyday. The skin is smooth and I no longer need to apply under eye concealer. My lips look amazing as well. They have just been slightly filled to get rid of any lines and to smooth and plump them up slightly. Very subtle enlargement to maintain a youthful appearance and so that my lipstick and gloss do not build up in any lines.

I had no bruising or swelling under my eyes. The only thing you could see under my eyes were tiny red dots where the needle was inserted but was easily covered up with foundation. The red dots went away after 72 hours. My lips did not bruise at all! They were very swollen and tender for 48 hours just as Dr. Hobgood said . But after the 3rd day, I woke up to lips that were not swollen, just the perfect size I requested. My previous lip injection was 2 years ago and I went to a different board certified surgeon. Those results were very good but the surgeon used numbing cream AND dental blocks and I still felt the needle going through my lips which he had weaved through my entire upper lip and then dispersed the filler while he slowly pulled the needle out. I was very happy with the results, however it was a very rough and painful injection even with the numbing cream and dental block. My lips were very bruised for about a week.

Dr. Hobgood's injection method for my lips was much more bearable and not scary at all. He is very gentle, no bruising at all and the results are natural looking. I no longer need to be scared to get my injectables knowing I'm in Dr. Hobgoods hands. I still look like me and the fillers are not obvious, just a refreshed version of myself.
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Hobgood is very friendly, informative and explains his technique and the Restylane product fully. He is an expert! I won't see anyone else for my fillers.