Skin Looks 5 Years Older After Halo

I won a mommy makeover halo laser treatment from a...

I won a mommy makeover halo laser treatment from a local med spa that I have used several times in the past. It was valued at $1200. I didn't really know what to expect and unfortunately they did not prep me adequately. I'm anesthetician so I have a solid foundation about skincare and lasers but because this is a new procedure all of my information came from RealSelf prior to having it done. The procedure was excruciating. They did numb me for about an hour prior. The nurse practitioner took approximately 30 to 40 minutes to complete the treatment. It started out tolerable but with each pass of the laser grew more painful. I would describe the experience as getting a carpet burn all over your face. After I left their offices I felt I could barely drive home because the pain was so intense. I made it home and it burned like heck for another 2 to 3 hours. Two days later I had a lot of freckling that went away after only 24 hours. I was hopeful that I would get amazing results although my skin was not bad to start with. I was hoping it would tighten things up just a smidgen and get rid of some hyperpigmentation as well as build collagen. Due to the amount of pain I thought for sure I was going to get a great result. A month has passed now and I would say my skin actually looks five years older than it did before I went in. I'm a little bit sad about it because now I definitely need to get Botox and Juvaderm to correct. Everything I have read is that it takes up to two months to see the full results so I'm still holding out hope that my skin is building collagen and it will look great again in three or four weeks. I would not pay $1200 to have this done. The downtime was a full week before I could go in public. The pain was not worth it and I've had better results with IPL.
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

The nurse who works with me is extremely friendly and awesome and I don't think the results I got had anything to do with her. Although how am I to know? She has performed Botox on me in the past and the results were amazing.