Chin Implant, Lower Facelift, Fat Grafting- 42 Year Old Female- Best Decision - Scottsdale, AZ

I was born with an underdeveloped jaw, a small...

I was born with an underdeveloped jaw, a small chin, a large fat pad under my jaw, an overbite, and crowded teeth, and as I aged, the problem was compounded and simply looked worse every year. I am very thin, but always have a "double chin" and there was no definition from my chin to my neck. From the front, I felt pretty, but my profile was extremely unflattering. I was told as young as 15 years old that I needed surgery to correct these issues, but I couldn't afford it. I have struggled to maintain a positive self image ever since.
This year, I finally decided to get braces to correct my overbite and smile, and decided to go ahead with facial reconstructive surgery as well. Now, even in this early postoperative phase, I couldn't be happier! The surgery is a game changer for me, and I finally feel beautiful from every angle, thanks to Dr Holden.
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr Holden was amazing- start to finish. He was very honest with me, and we discussed the best plan for my multiple issues. This was not a quick conversation and I was so impressed with the way he explained everything to me. He spent considerable time going over what the surgery itself would entail, what to expect after surgery, and my questions about recovery. He understands that this is both exciting and a bit terrifying as well- because it is my face after all. I wanted to look like myself, but with a better profile and jawline. He explained that a lower facelift, custom chin implant, as well as a touch of fat grafting under the eyes, at the temples, and at the lips would give me the results I desired. Interestingly enough, I was planning on having a different surgery for this problem, where my jaw would be broken and moved forward (orthagnathic surgery) and we spent considerable time weighing the pros and cons of both. Since my braces had largely corrected my teeth crowding and overbite, there would only be a few millimeters added with orthagnathic surgery. This would not be enough to change my profile in a noticeable way, and I would still need soft tissue reconstruction to get my desired effect. Not to mention, I would NOT need my jaw wired shut for 6 weeks with a facelift, and the pain would be remarkably less as well. Dr Holden made me feel very confident in my decision, and his advice was so valuable to me. His expertise was obvious as well. Not once did he pressure me or rush my decision, and we decided to proceed. After surgery, he was just as interested in my recovery and had frequent follow up visits. I felt he genuinely cared about my well being and outcome. I really could not be happier! I feel so grateful to Dr Holden for all the time he spent walking me through this complicated decision, and the results speak for themselves. When my friends see me now a week out, even though I'm still a little bruised and swollen, the typical reaction is tears of joy. I have several friends who are plastic surgeons, and they were impressed with my results right away as well. I am so grateful that Dr Holden was my surgeon- I have never felt so beautiful.