3 Cesareans Later, Mommy Needs a Panniculectomy! - Scottsdale, AZ

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Hello, all! I'm at the very beginning of my...

Hello, all! I'm at the very beginning of my journey to be the best version of me that I can be. I met with my doctor last week because of the intertrigo (chafing rash) caused by my belly flap. He said I am a good candidate for the panniculectomy. My youngest is 2.5, and I have been dealing with the side effects of a hanging belly ever since his birth. I made an appointment with a plastic surgeon, recommended by my sister in law, for this Friday....I am beyond nervous! My insurance is Aetna, and they should cover it because I meet all of the criteria. I will keep you posted!

waiting game

I saw the surgeon on Friday and he insisted I was too high-risk to have the surgery now. He said my bum needs to be 30 or lower. (Right now it is 36) he talked a lot, I don't feel like he gave me much of a chance to speak. He even suggested I consider lap band surgery! I couldn't imagine doing that after losing do much weight on my own to just lose 25 more pounds!! I wasn't impressed with Dr. Makes and won't be returning to see him even after I do lose the extra weight. I feel like I'm starting all over again. :(
Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon