12yr Implant Removal + Lift - Scottsdale, AZ

Hi Ladies! I have been lurking here since July...

Hi Ladies! I have been lurking here since July when I first stumbled across the possibility of my implants making me sick and removal one month later. I most likely will not post pics,(sorry I know this is helpful to a lot of gals) but just wanted to give a heads up to the ladies thinking about explant + lift. This is a harder surgery to recover from than just removal (depending on lift type). I had a full anchor lift and even one month later -- still find certain things hard to do. I realize this is a more invasive surgery, but I did not realize how hard some actions would be even a month later. Even sleeping comfortably is still somewhat difficult, but getting easier each day. I visit regularly with a chiropractor/ART specialist and he said, "You have to realize that your muscles have been working in a specific way to accommodate the implants, now that they are gone your body is readjusting and working in a way that it hasn't for 12 years. Your whole posture and how the muscles work is different." I have lifting and reaching limits and even find that smack in the middle of the day I am wiped out and have to rest.

What I can say is... this is probably the best decision I have made about my health. I immediately felt relief and freeing sensation even right after surgery. Everyday it gets a little better, and I get more excited about the future. Things I have noticed:

1) I can take a deep breath and don't feel any grinding or shortness

2) I take a drink of ice cold water and can actually feel the coldness in my chest as it goes down.

3) My posture is improved (my husband even commented on this) The pulling in my back and neck is subsiding.

4) I lost 7-8 lbs this past month (implants being 2-3 of that), no diet changes.

5) Some of you may be able to relate to this.. its like my "shell" is dissolving. You may ask, what is this "shell" you speak of? Well, in the past when I would get a massage, my therapist would say.."its like you have a layer under your skin that I have to get through before I can get to the muscle." My husband has commented that he can now feel my muscles during a back rub and there is no "layer" or "shell" in the way. My theory this was a layer of inflammation from my body constantly fighting the foreign objects.

6) I have regained sensation in the right nipple which was previously diminished after the augmentation. YAY!!

That is the short list. I am sure as I heal fully I will notice more. I still have tape for 6 more weeks. That is 10 weeks total. :( but, I am a slow healer. If I only see a 50% reduction in my symptoms I will consider it a win and totally worth it.

I am hoping with the weight off my chest and shoulders the pulling in my back and neck subsiding that my migraines will also subside or at least be less frequent. My Doctor was great and I am excited about my results so far.

Speedy recovery and warm wishes to all you ladies going down this same path!!

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Corey has been amazing! His staff very professional and nice (Shout out to his nurse Stacy!). He listened to my concerns and answered all my questions. He has a great bedside manner and even a sense of humor. He didn't seem as uptight and uncaring as previous PS I have encountered. He was very professional and thorough at all our appointments. He also helps you keep it realistic. Great doctor!!