36yrs Old, Married with 2 Kids. Ance from Early Teens - Scotland, GB

So after many many years wanting this procedure....

So after many many years wanting this procedure. I'm now 1 day post op through our glorious NHS. I'm extremely swollen, but pleased to say the only pain experienced was getting my dressing changed earlier. Saw a quick glimpse of my extremely red face earlier and looking forward to tomorrow when my dressing are fully removed.

Full face ablative co2 laser resurfacing

This picture was taken a couple of hours after the laser treatment.
I'm still pretty groggy from the anesthetic.

Day 2

Removed all the dressings this morning. Cleaned using baby wash with warm water, then rinsed with cold water and dried. Then vaseline applied. To be done every 2-4 hours. Still swollen today but reducing after the dressings removed.

Day 3

My skin feels really tight today. It's starting to go scabby, but with all the washing and vaseline they are softening quickly.

Day 4

Well today seems to be the day the hospital warned me about. The day that I think what have I done??
Although the swelling has reduced a lot, and the redness seems to be reducing slightly, I feel like I am about to have a massive break out. Not surprising if i do considering the amout of vaseline ive been putting on. The dead skin is all peeling away and looks awful.
My poor kids came home today and they're really unsure. Such a wee shame for them.

Day 5

Picture before I put on the vaseline today. The redness is certainly reducing. I've got a few bloody scabs, but these are healing gradually too.
I put some antiseptic cream on the spots which has made that feel much better too.
Feeling really pleased with the progress today.

Day 6

Well I've been working from home today, so finally remembered to get a picture before bed. Apologies for the lack of natural light, doesn't do much for the pictures.
My skin is still really dry and still have to bloody/bruised patches. I've ordered some arnica cream so hopefully this will help reduce these patches.
I would say I'm 95% peeled and the redness is reducing each day.
I've lessened the amout of vaseline being used to hopefully save my blocked pores and just using a natutal baby moisturiser that is extra moisturising.

One week post surgery

Well that's me 7 days in following my laser surgery last week.
As you can see from the shine, I'm back to using vaseline as my skin was so dry this morning. Just keeping my fingers crossed on the breakout front.
I don't think my phone is actually showing just how red my skin still is. It's definately settling down in areas, but overall it's still very red if you compare it to my neck.
It's very itchy at the moment and very difficult not to scratch it and end up with more bruises. My arnica cream is due to arrive today so looking forward to getting that on.

Day 8

As you can see the redness is really fading now, the worst problem not is the bruising. It's still quite dry and I find myself scratching which is causing more bruising. I've been using the arnica cream to reduce these which is really helping and still going with a thin layer of vaseline after the washes.
Really starting to see results which are amazing .

Day 9

Not much change this morning. Still itchy but trying my best not to scratch which isn't easy.

Day 11

Well today I almost feel back to normal. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a bit red and a little dry, but definitely feel good.
It's the wierdest feeling your facial hair growing back in, well it is for me being female lol.
I made the mistake of going against my hospital advice and had a bottle of prosecco last night. My face was so flushed and itchy. I've ended up bruising the side a fair bit with scratching so back on the arnica cream today.
Saying that I do feel that make up would cover the general redness if I wanted it to, but I'll refrain until my check up on the 13th. Only 10 more days until I can get out of the house and drive again.
NHS

Been very lucky to get this treatment through our National Health Service. Will try to post daily updates to show recovery.