PIP Implants, Possible Rupture & Breastfeeding Twins!

So there we are! My implants are OUT! I thought...

So there we are! My implants are OUT! I thought one of them had ruptured and an ultrasound confirmed fluid around one of the implants. I had an appoint to have them removed on Jan 12, 2016. But the call about a cancellation yesterday afternoon. Had them out first thing in the morning today, but can't say what it feels like yet (I bet I can when I can COMFORTABLY lie in Child's pose in yoga...!). I am happy to have them out, no more for me! Staying in the hospital overnight, will then head home and attempt my first post surgery breastfeed...

Day 1 as an explantee

My surgeon's been around this morning and he says everything is fine so will have drains removed and be sent home later! He told me there is a 100cc difference between the left and the right breast, this I knew already, but I didn't know it was a 100cc. That's quite a big difference, and it was very visible when naked, before I had the implants put in. With implants it was not very visible (obviously when faced with a pair of enormous balls in skin, nothing else is really visible!), so I don't know how I will feel about that when I can clearly see it. I will need to wear a compression bra day and night for two weeks, and then again in the daytime, for another two weeks. I'm breastfeeding twins so in reality function must beat form, but I'm not yet such an elevated being as to be able to completely ignore the look of my breasts.

Also, as the implants were intact, I technically took them out 'unnecessarily', that sort of makes me view the whole thing in a slightly different light too, as in was I ready to have them out etc. God moves in mysterious ways, I'm sure this was the exact time for them to come out, but...we two babies that are big enough to be HEAVY, but not yet walking...I'm sure there could have maybe been a more convenient time! Haha!

After a twin pregnancy and breastfeeding, my aereolas are humungous, I am thinking that in an ideal world, maybe I would have a simple breast reduction at some point, that is what the surgeon recommended too. Then again, I might never want to have an another operation like this, ever again!
Will take photos once they take the bandages off and take the drains out. I have pumped my breastmilk once too, in case anyone out there finds themselves needing an explant whilst breastfeeding!

Our first encounter...

My diligent still enormous breasts are leaking milk, AFTER ALL I'VE PUT THEM THROUGH...! Talk about the amazing human body :)
I have got the drains out now, I've seen them live without bandages and I'm now safely tucked into a NUHA post surgery recovery bra-in XXL... I am so grateful to my body for putting up with me. Feeling good!
Dr Kai