38, Married with 3 Children and Ready for my Life Change!!! - Savannah, GA

Thinking over this entire experience thus far my...

Thinking over this entire experience thus far my only expectation is to become a better me, whatever weight that maybe. I started this process about a year ago and couldn't continue because of other responsibilities I had taken on. My new journey started January 2016 and now I am 2 days away from surgery. My weight in Feb 2016 was 280, as of last week I am now down to 261, I cant wait to see what my weight will be on Wednesday before surgery.

My pre-op diet started before I actually knew my surgery date was secured, which means I didn't have time to have any food funerals. The scheduler said that 3/23 was a possible surgery date. I said ok and started the pro-op diet on 3/9. I found out that Monday 3/14 that everything was a go for 3/23.

The hardest part about this pre-op diet is having a house full of boys with healthy appetites. It seems like everything is now about food. Mainly foods I have had bad relationships with. Every commercial, Restaurants on every corner, Facebook, Pinterest, etc... My life revolved around bad relationships with unhealthy foods & I went cold turkey :(

Things that I have learned that has helped me thru this pre-op diet is
1. I wrote a prayer that I read often, that helps thru rough times.
2. Taking my lunch bag (premier protein shake & a few jello cups) with me when I leave the house.
3. I recently added G2 to my lunch bag to help me while I'm in the sun.
4. I set an alarm on my phone that goes off 5 times a day and tells me what to eat, I have changed the liquids up but not the times.
5. My husband is now cooking meals for our children which is very helpful, I actually close my bedroom door (I still smell the goodness, lol)
6. I ride my bike before noon or after 4pm, to keep myself out of the sun which really helps.

Well, those are the few things I have done, that have helped me to move in the right direction. I will give a few updates, in the weeks to come!

Trust God, Love Yourself & Become a Better YOU!!!
Savannah Bariatric Surgeon

Surgery set for 3/23/2016, thus far everyone has been more then just medical help, they have been Super Supportive!!