Wanted Eyebrows Fuller and Closer Together in the Center - Saratoga Springs, NY

Eyebrows were just too skimpy and too far apart in...

Eyebrows were just too skimpy and too far apart in the center & uneven. Using brow makeup was OK but difficult to keep up and challenging at the head of each brow, having to draw on bare skin and hope it didn't smudge off or look fake. I started asking around to see which doctors (plastic surgeons, facial plastic surgeons, dermatologists, etc) had long term experience with eyebrow transplant cases, that eventually led to Dr. Michael Beehner in upstate NY/ Saratoga Springs. In his office at the consultation he showed me several cases as examples, some going back decades of restoration work long before eyebrow transplants for women became popular. His plan for me was conservative, @ 150 hairs added to each side. I had the surgery over a year ago and am delighted to see that the grafts lived and are doing well.

We agreed on a design & surgery was in an office suite under local anesthesia + versed (btw I sadly don't remember a thing about the op). I believe he said it was 4 hours and one brow required extra grafts, but I was very woozy from the versed so may not have the details correct. There was a lovely surgery assistant I think her name was Becky (?) who mentioned how much she loves working on the eyebrow cases. I awoke very swollen, the dr took pics & I stayed overnight in a Saratoga Springs hotel before driving home @ 6 hours the next day.

The next month or so was shedding & weird shiny pink cobblestone skin that could not be disguised. Regrowth took a long time and then some trial-and-error on how to trim and "train" them. They seem to look best trimmed short. The hairs grow FAST so if I slip and trim too much it recovers quickly. I haven't had a problem with weird angles of growth and have not needed to plaster them down with wax or anything. I can go without makeup or use a lightweight tinted brow gel and that seems to be enough.
Dr. Michael Beehner

Experienced hair transplant surgeon with a history of eyebrow restoration cases.