Age 40; Mother of 3 With Lots of Extra Skin in the Tummy Region - Sarasota, FL

I'm a mother of 3 very large baby boys who caused...

I'm a mother of 3 very large baby boys who caused my stomach to become covered in stretch marks and sagging skin. I hated the way I looked in a bikini or even just showing my stomach in general! I had the abdominoplasty surgery done on March 9th of 2016. Excited but nervous, I arrived to the surgery center where I met with my nurses (amazing) and Dr. Derby. They were prompt and so professional. When I woke up, to my surprise, I really wasn't in as much pain as I had expected. I just had a lot of discomfort. I spent that night in the rehab center and went back to see Dr. Derby the next morning. After about two weeks I was able to start getting up and move around (with pain meds) to shower on my own. I returned to work (system admin) after 3 weeks and was a little uncomfortable but able to do normal activities of my job. After the 4 month mark I could start to see the swelling go down and also started to feel more like myself again when moving. I am now 6 month post-surgery and look (not to toot my own horn) amazing! I so love to show off my tummy in a bikini and even went down in a size. YAY!! For me, it was so worth it but it took the right team and surgeon! I would do it all over again in a heartbeat! So, here is a BIG Thank You to Dr. Derby and staff for your amazing skills and incredible bedside manner. I truly appreciate the way you took care of me during the surgery and as you continue to do so as your patient.
Sarasota Physician

To anyone out there thinking about getting a tummy tuck Dr. Derby is wonderful.. He is/ was so attentive and completely put me at ease by answering every single question that I had. And, trust me, there were plenty.. :) But, he gave me as much time as I needed to make me feel comfortable about the procedure before and even after the surgery was completed. Not only is he extremely educated in the area of abdominoplasty, but his bed side manner is amazing! He truly showed concern for me as his patient and made me feel so comfortable. I would recommend him to anyone looking to have cosmetic surgery done.