45, Stays out of Sun, Ready for a Refresh! - Sarasota, FL

I just had the Halo laser treatment earlier today....

I just had the Halo laser treatment earlier today. I'm hoping to even out my skin tone and get a bit of tightening as well. I'm 45 and have been wearing sunblock every day for the past 25 years, so I think my skin is in pretty good shape, but still, I just wanted to freshen it up. The Halo seemed like a good choice because it has less downtime than others and it targets both the surface and deeper layers of the skin. I had a Percocet 1 hour before the procedure along with topical numbing cream. The treatment itself was really tolerable and it went by quickly (less than an hour). My face was burning hot afterwards but I used the cool blower for 40 minutes and I had little mini fans for the 20 minute car ride home. By the time I got home I was feeling fine. My face is swollen right now (5 hours post procedure) and I'm just keeping it moisturized with the creams the doctor's office gave me.

Day after procedure

2 days after Halo; waiting for meds to start clearing up!

3 days after Halo; getting there!

4 days after Halo!

I'm still red and there are still lots of mends around my jawline and hairline, but I'm seeing clear skin emerging! What a feeling! It makes the last few days so worth it! So it was really just 3 days after the procedure that it was difficult to cover what was going on with my face. Today it sort of looks like I have a sunburn; no biggie! :-) I'll be back at work tomorrow and I'll post a photo 1 week post-procedure, 1 month, and 3 month. So far, I'm thrilled and loving the results! VERY worth the money!

1 week post Halo

It's been one week since I had the procedure done and I'm very happy with the results so far! I'm wearing much less makeup and concealer than I was before treatment. I'm looking forward to seeing how it is in the next few months! :-)

7 weeks since Ultherapy; 6 weeks since Halo laser; VERY HAPPY WITH BOTH! :-)

It's been 7 weeks since my Ultherapy treatment and 6 weeks since my Halo laser treatment. Sorry it took a while to post! I've been working so much and I also have adult acne and every time I found time to take a photo I wasn't happy with my blemishes. Anyway, today's a pretty good day, acne-wise, so I made time for pics. Regarding my 2 treatments last month: I am so incredibly happy with the results. When I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror, I am surprised by how I look every day (in a good way, haha!). Any subtle changes, positive or negative, are significant when it comes to our own faces, and I am loving the subtle changes both treatments provided. This is what I notice: less sagging around my jowls, tightening in the cheek area, tightening of the brow, lifting of the eyelid skin, better overall texture, smaller pores, less discoloration, and a nice glow! I'm a makeup junkie but for the first time in years I'm using just a bit of mineral makeup instead of heavy foundation because I don't feel the need to cover up as much as pre-treatment. I know my results are subtle but I believe that is due to the fact that I've taken such good care of my skin for the past 25 years (sunblock every single day, rain or shine, inside or out, and daily Retin-A for the last 15 or so years). Both procedures lead to continued improvement for months, so the best is yet to come! I've been getting fillers for over 15 years and I'm due for them now, especially since the Ultherapy can degrade fillers, but I've blown my beauty budget for the year so that will have to wait until 2017! :-) I hope my reviews help some of you! Thank you for all your kindness and support!

Kim Daily is a great P.A. She works at Holcomb Kreithen Plastic Surgery and Medspa (http://www.sarasota-med.com/). She takes the time to answer all the questions I have (and I always have a lot). She is very knowledgeable about the treatments she performs. I feel like I'm in good hands when she is taking care of me! Thank you, Kim!