Tummy Tuck W/lipo of flanks

I have been searching on RealSelf for a while now,...

I have been searching on RealSelf for a while now, ever since I had my twins. I am in need of a tummy tuck after having them, my stomach has some loose skin. I have diastasis recti, so my muscles were also stretched. I was referred to Dr. Hungria from a family member. The communication with him has been great so far. I am booked with him for March 30th! I am very nervous, excited, and anxious to be on the flat side! If anyone is going around the same time, let me know :) I'm looking for a buddy to go with...

Might change Dr's

So I may be changing my PS To Dr. Osak in Miami.. He has a special right now for $3400 for a tummy tuck.. He has good work and good reviews. I'm hoping that he's open for the last week in March. That week works best for me and my kids. If anyone has any information on how to better contact him, pls let me know.

New confirmed date!

I finally know how RS members feel when they are going through this journey! It's really a lot with the decisions we have to make. So my new date with Dr. Osak is April 13th. The $3500 tummy tuck special is for a mini tummy tuck. The coordinator charged me $3900 which also includes 2 areas of lipo. If you don't get lipo the cost doesn't change. I was worried with the change of date because I have 2 year old twins. My mother has solved that situation for me and is going to help me out with taking them to and from school... THANK GOD! As of right now, I'm not going a recovery house after, because the prices seem too high. It could be because I was going to DR first and they're rooms were starting at $75, and in Miami they start at $150. I have found a couple places on airbnb, and looking online for a caregiver for like the first 3 days. If I find that I need help after that, then I'll call for extra help. Until then.. the journey continues.

Doctor has changed again!

So I emailed my coordinator Candice to make sure my flight time returning was okay. Didn't hear from her in 2-3 days. I emailed her again today to make sure everything was cool, and she called me not too long after. She assumed that I already heard about Dr. Osak, but I didn't. Well unfortunately, he's going through something at the moment and he can't perform any surgeries until he is cleared. Thank God there was a date available, an earlier one at that! So now, I will be having my Tummy Tuck and lipo of the flanks with Dr. Ortega. I feel really bad for anyone who had a surgery booked in February/March with Osak.. hope you dolls were able to find a solution to this madness!

My new surgery date is April 6th.. I got my blood work done today. So feeling much closer to the day... I'm excited and nervous! ???? Also happy that a family member will be flying down with me to help, so a caregiver isn't needed anymore. If anyone needs one, definitely check out Carelinx, they are very helpful and on top of things.

Test Results

I did all my blood work on Tuesday and the results were received by Spectrum today. It's really coming closer and I can't wait. I am getting nervous as I get closer to April 6th. I'm anemic, so I was scared about my Hemoglobin but it turned out to be fine. It is a 12.7, think I will take some Iron pills even though it is in the normal range.

It goes down tomorrow!

Omg! Can't believe I'm really about to do this.. I arrived in Miami around 230 pm today. Went straight to Spectrum to get my precription.. The ladies were pretty nice. They told me to remove nail polish off of one nail ????.. So my feet will look a lil weird lol My surgery is at 7:30 am!!! I'm definitely getting nervous but excited that this stomach will be gone! Lol I will finally take my last pictures of my stomach and post them tonight. I went to get some fruit, Pineapples are key ( thats what i learned from you ladies) crackers, and soup. Until then... I'll update tomorrow after my TT :)

Before pictures ????

Well here are my before pictures that I was hesistant in posting lol I had twins and they really stretched me out! I figure i'll post them now since I can't really sleep.

Diastasis Recti

The affects of Diastastis Recti... Some days i look fine, where you can see in the first picture. My muscles are showing and not hidden. Where as some days, i can look a couple months pregnant. It really sucks! Thats why this TT is needed. People only judge from the outside when I have clothes on, and are confused as to why I'm getting this surgery done. I don't want to look pregnant, when I'm not! People at work have asked me several times if I was expecting lol Just recently I finally stop seeing my organs move .. It was a very weird feeling. Sooo i'm so ready for this muscle repair!!

Made it to the Flat side! Thank you Jesus!

So my surgey was scheduled for 730 this morning. I arrived to Spectrum around 7. No employees were there. Once they came in, they gave me a cup to pee in. Ofcourse I couldn't pee bc i had just went around 6 that morning, and couldn't drink any water so I didn't pee until like 8. When i went i saw that my period had just came! Ugh I went back to my room and the nurse had me sign some papers and answer a few questions. Took my clothes off for some pictures and to be marked up. Ortega came in like 15 mins later & i really love him lol he was so nice and thorough. Asked me to describe my stomach in my own words... I said it looks like a grandma's booty. And thats exactly what he wrote down haha The anesthesiologist came in, also asked questions and put in my iv. We walked over to the surgery room, layed on the table and they did their prep. I was out!!! Lol it happened so quickly... Surgery was supposed to be 3 hours, it was definitely under 3 hours. When I woke up in the recovery room, i was in so much pain!!! & freezing. Was shaking so bad. She have me a gas mask bc i felt like i had shortness of breath & still feel that way. The nurse checked my blood pressure and went to get my clothes and phone so that i could call an uber for me and my aunt. The place is literally 6 mins away from the hotel i'm staying at . This pain is really no joke!!!! My aunt who came with me is also a registered nurse , so she's been taking care of me . She gave me my pills.. And it seem like it took forever to fall asleep. Slept for a couple of hours.. Woke up and walked around for 3 mins. Now sitting down in a chair, eating some cantaloupe. My stomach is soo tight.. The muscle repair was done from basically my breast..Down. I'm praying for safe and speedy recocery! ???????? & hoping this pain gets better..

1 day PO appt

Had my appt today at 930.. Was seen by Ortega's Physician Asst. bc he was in surgery. She was pretty cool though. They gave me a new binder bc the one they put on me after surgery was wrapped around me twice and had to fold down at the top of it... Was TOO big! So she changed my tape and told me that my belly button tape wouldnt come off for another 4 days. I can't wait to see it.. Hoping i like it!

Had my first bm!!!

Thank you God! It finally happened lol and i feel so much better. I took two laxatives lastnight. The cramps were so bad that it woke me up around 7 this morning. I tried to go but nothing happened. So went again at 12 and it was painful at first.. Then it literally flowed out and i felt like it was going to be nonstop. Btw i have been taking stool softners since 1 day po. But so happy thats over with.. Definitely a relief!

My belly button

I don't care for it. But its too early to have any ill feelings about it. Ortega said its in innie but its swollen..& once i get into my second cg it will all work itself out. He also advised me to try the silicone ear plug. I went and brought one last night but it was the wrong one. Another RS sister on here used one but it was the foam ear plug. So once i land tomorrow, i'll stop by the store before i get home.

2 weeks & 3 days po

I haven't updated in a while but everything is going good! I feel pretty back to normal.. Just have to do things a bit slower sometimes. I still don't feel comfortable stretching up, hurts to lay on my stomach, or to reach backwards. I'm sure that all has to do with my MR. My drains were taking out at 2 weeks, thats how long my ps wanted them in for. I could've taken them out before then, bc it was at the minute, but I was nervous about getting a seroma. I went back to work at 12 days po. I took it fairly easy, it was my first day driving and taking my kids to school. The only hard about them, is when they want me to pick them up. I don't pick them up, trying to avoid any mishaps. Once my drains were removed, which i did myself, got my next compression garment. I wear it during the day, once i get home I wear my binder.
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Ortega is such a down to earth surgeon! He makes you feel very comfortable. Because he has been doing this for 25 years, he knows what he is doing! His knowledge and him being so real made me love him even more!