My Tattoo Removal Experience (In Progress) - Santa Paula, CA

I was 16 when I decided to get "Live Fast Die...

I was 16 when I decided to get "Live Fast Die Pretty" inked across my stomach. It was an act of rebellion against my strict parents that at the age of 21 backfired with regret. I am now 22 and have had 5 tattoo removal treatments. The tattoo is 6 years old and made of only black ink. I have an olive skin tone and the tattoo was not professionally done. I found a medical clinic in Santa Paula, CA, that offers free tattoo removals once a month with a request of a minimum of $20 donation or proof of having done at least 30 community service hours that month. It is a program founded by the city and is run by volunteer doctors and officers. Unfortunately, this program will be discontinued in Santa Paula, but will continue in the Oxnard area. It may be a longer drive, but it is worth it. It is on a first come, first serve basis and begins at 8am. I cannot recall the dates of my treatments, but here are photos of my first 5 sessions.

Treatment 1 was not as painful as I thought it would be. I had numbing cream applied to my lower abdomen, which probably helped significantly.
Treatment 2 was the same experience, but with scabbing and itchiness on last letter.
Treatment 3 gave me several small blisters that popped on their own and I noticed significant fading in the areas where the blisters had resided.
Treatment 4 was similar to the first 2.
Treatment 5 was by far the most painful and I bled, which had not happened before. My doctor said she cranked up the intensity of the laser because I was taking the pain very well and my skin seemed relaxed.

Let me know what you think! I'll be posting updated photos soon!

Session 5, week 4

Haven't seen too much progress, but keeping my chin up. Here's an updated photo. Been going to the beach and pool to tan a lot this summer, but have been drenching my tattoo with sunscreen and covering it up with shirts folded over it, avoiding the sun touching it.
Santa Paula Medical Clinic

Very friendly environment. Everyone was ready to answer questions and give feedback.