44 y.o. Just had Mini TT + Lipo

My stomach was destroyed by my large babies and my...

My stomach was destroyed by my large babies and my csection scars never healed properly. I've grown tired of my little shelf and sharpei puppy wrinkles all over my stomach. I exercised like a fiend and could not get rid of the flap that kept me from wearing battling suits. Along with the modified TT I'm getting a labiaplasty which I am so excited about. I'm tired of feeling deformed and ugly down there and want to wear workout pants without being self conscious. Not to mention how much better I will feel being with my husband.

Finally getting the nerve to post before pics

I didn't realize how far I'd let myself go until I saw these pics. It's amazing how much clothes can hide. After my last kid 7 years ago I worked really hard to get myself back in shape. I was probably in the best shape of my life until I started having neck and back problems and basically stopped exercising 2 years ago. After months of physical therapy and multiple spinal and neck nerve blocks I decided I was finally ready to do this. I postponed my appt. 3 times because I was so worried about the recovery and picking the perfect time to do it. I'll post more about my recovery and some after pics later today.

Here are some post op pics

Had my 6day po appt and things are looking great. Dr. Raffy can't believe how fast I have healed. It's pretty crazy how little pain I have had and it hasn't even been a week. I got my drain out today and I am so happy! It was really hard trying to conceal that thing and go out in public.

Why does it add my photos multiple times?

So weird

7 day p.o. Pics

I'm so swollen & feel like my stomach looked better yesterday. I know it's super early and things will be changing over the next few months but it's a little disheartening. My upper abs are jiggly & I don't know if it's from swelling or if it's because I didn't do a full TT. I kind of wish I did a full but the trade-off is much quicker recovery & really low, much smaller incision. Dr. Raffy did warn me that I may want lipo in my upper abs which a mini TT doesn't address but to give it a couple months and let the swelling go down.

Don't get me wrong, I am incredibly happy to be rid of my shelf and most of my love handles. So happy! I think I obsess over this website too much. I wasn't expecting perfection but it's hard not to when you see some of the transformations.

I'm really looking forward to working out again and seeing what kind of results I can get with some good old fashioned hard work.

Feeling discouraged, wishing I had a full TT

I am 10 days po and feeling pretty down with my results. I know there's still a lot of swelling but I'm bummed at how loose & flabby my upper abs are. I've been eating a low calorie diet since the procedure and trying to lose 5-10 pounds and worried that it'll get even looser and flabby. When I sit I have a roll and when I bend over there's a ton of loose skin. Ugh. There's no way I can afford to do a tummy tuck again not to mention having to deal with the recovery again. I'll post pics later.

10 days po pics

These are from today, looks pretty good standing but the second I slightly bend over it looks pretty bad.

2 weeks po - still swollen & super jiggly belly

I haven't even bothered taking pics, I definitely look worse then the 1st week, kind of bummed. Once the swelling is over I'm worried I'm going to have a loose jiggly belly. Of course it's a definite improvement from what it used to look like but I want a flat tight tummy! I wonder if upper ab lipo will be enough to get a flat belly or will it just leave me with looser flab? I'm driving myself crazy over this. I just need to give it time and stay off this site for a week or two.

2 week po pics - looking worse than before

Ackkk!! Frustration. I was hoping to look flatter this morning but as you can see there is much less definition in my abs than the 6 day po pics. I've been really watching what I eat, keeping it low cal since I can't work out and crossing my fingers there's still lots of changes happening.

Trying to post pics again

2 weeks po

3 wks post op pics

Swelling is driving me crazy. My 3 week pics look worse than my 2 wk pics yet I've lost 5 lbs in the past 3 weeks. Trying to be patient. I've started doing light weights and squats & some step ups, I wonder if that's why I'm extra swollen?

Waaahhhh!

I've been refraining from posting pics as I was hoping maybe as the swelling went down my tummy would look better. I hate being so negative since I feel so much better after doing this. I still have a tummy pouch where dr Raffy said I might need lipo. But I'm noticing the wrinkly skin on my upper belly and when I bent over today I was bummed to see the sharpei wrinkles and roll of fat. I definitely needed more skin removed with a full tummy tuck instead of the mini. He did say he did more than a mini on me, he really did go above and beyond and I am so appreciative. I realized after looking at my original paperwork/estimate that he didn't charge me for lipo so I should be grateful. But now I think I should have just done the full, spent a couple extra $$ and not be disappointed.

No improvement...

I haven't been posting, pretty bummed about my stomach. I'm so mad at myself for not researching more about mini vs. full TT. Probably 5 weeks post op, I know there's not going to be any improvement with the loose flabby rolls. I have a post op appt on Wednesday so will see what the Dr. thinks.

Pre & post op pic comparison

I don't why I'm posting these. I can't stop thinking about how crappy I look and how there's no way I'd wear a bikini looking like this. Wtf. That was kind of the whole point of this surgery. Ugh. I have so much going on in my life right now and this is consuming me.

Had my post op appt to discuss revision

We discussed my unhappiness with my mini tuck results. He thought it looked good but could tell that I was hoping for a much flatter tummy. He said that I should have the body of my dreams and pointed out what could be fixed to achieve that. He offered to do a full for the difference in price between a full and a mini which is definitely more than I was hoping for but if it gets me the flat belly and less fat in my flanks and hips it'll be worth it. I'm just worried that my skin is so stretched and wrinkly that'll it'll stretch out again. This is what has happened to me with the mini. My skin has loosened up and it feels like my lower ab muscles aren't as tight. I went shopping yesterday for the first time and I almost started crying at what I looked like. It almost looked like I hadn't had anything done. Flab city. Not good.

Tummy tuck revision about to go down!

I'm about to get a full TT in a few minutes and I'm very excited!

Day 1 po

Holy crap! The pain is a million times worse than the mini TT.
The drive home was brutal. As soon as I got home I took a Percocet. It didn't help at all. I was completely miserable and ended up taking 2 more within the hour. Not wise but I was out of my mind and couldn't deal.

This time around I'm walking hunched over and every move I make hurts. I'm dreading the drive to my appt tomorrow.

Will update later

Tummy Tuck Revision with MR

I'm on day 3 post op and finally feeling a little better. This 2nd time around was a million times worse than when I had my mini with lipo. The worst part is the muscle repair and the back pain from walking hunched over. I haven't taken pics this time and I haven't really looked at my stomach, I'm too nervous! I have my first preop appt today and hope I can get the drains out. For some reason I can't figure out how to hide them this time. The 4th of July is coming up and we're supposed to hang with friends at some park all day and I'm worried I won't be able to hide them without being too obvious. Hopefully I'll get some pics today and post them later.

Feeling ehhhh

Not super excited about this TT so far. I am super swollen and have a huge pooch that I hope isn't just leftover fat. My vertical incision looks a little scary and my old belly button looks like it's peeking through. Not a good look. Definitely won't be sporting a bikini for our trip next week. I paid to have lipo in a few spots but because my muscle repair was so major and I was bleeding a lot he just did the inner thighs a bit. I can't believe I've spent so much money (over $12k) to not be super happy with my results.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Raffy is an amazing doctor and I am beyond thrilled with my results. He put me at ease the minute I met him and he did such a fabulous job, I can't say enough good things about him. He always answered all of my questions and addressed all of my concerns. The office staff is great and I adore his nurse Leanna, she has been wonderful! I highly recommend Dr. Raffy, he is a true artist and the best of the best!