Mother of Two - Santa Monica, CA

My motivation to do this procedure was mild...

My motivation to do this procedure was mild incontinence when sneezing or laughing after giving birth to my two children in my mid to late thirties. The promise of overall tightening was of course an attractive benefit as well. I knew my pelvic floor had stretched and the tissue was not as resilient as it had been before my children. I have also suffered on and off with interstitial cystitis through the years and wondered how it may be affected by such a procedure. I'd first heard about Thermiva in a magazine and contacted Dr Loisides, who I've trusted for years, to see what his thoughts were of the procedure. He'd explained that he believed it would be an ideal treatment for me, given my various complaints. He let me know that for years he'd been using radio frequency to tighten the urethra and pelvic floor for women who had mild to moderate incontinence, and was now offering Thermiva. He also assured me that the IC would not worsen and may in fact be relieved. I had the first of the three procedures done about two weeks ago now. I can report that the procedure is quick and painless, with no side effects! The results/benefits of therapy were: control of bladder when coughing and sneezing, overall tightening and increased resilience of my pelvic floor, and a nice improvement of the overall appearance. This procedure was a "no brainer" I would recommend this to any woman who has had vaginal deliveries, I believe this procedure is so beneficial to a woman's longterm urinary tract health and sexual wellbeing, that eventually this will be a procedure covered by insurance. I am only at the two week mark and have heard that there is a fade back effect, but I am confident with 2 more treatments in 2 months time I will be very happy with the results.
Dr Peter Loisides

Dr Loisides is a knowledgable, skilled and caring physician who I have known and trusted for over 15 years. Dr Loisides not only provides the best, up to date medical care, but also truly cares about his patients- which is a combination that is hard to come by. Dr Loisides focuses on each of his patients as individuals- offering cutting edge technics and procedures, and customizing his approach for each individual with suggestions for lifestyle modifications and supplements that may be of use for them. He and his staff are responsive and kind, I would highly recommend him for both female and male patients.