Primary Rhinoplasty/Septoplasty. Santa Monica, CA

I had a few nose injuries as a kid that left me...

I had a few nose injuries as a kid that left me with an asymmetric nose and I couldn't breathe through my right nostril. Thus, I wanted to straighten my nose. I also wanted to deproject it and reduce the bulbous tip. Dr. Harvey Zarem was very pleasant and reassuring. The surgery was a breeze. It took place in his office and the recovery process was easy (no bruising or swelling). Cast removal was a bit staggering, as I saw a big difference and I saw tip asymmetry, but immediately ignored it.

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

I had a few nose injuries as a kid that left me with an asymmetric nose and I couldn't breathe through my right nostril. Thus, I wanted to straighten my nose. I also wanted to deproject it and reduce the bulbous tip. Dr. Harvey Zarem was very pleasant and reassuring. The surgery was a breeze. It took place in his office and the recovery process was easy (no bruising or swelling of the face). Cast removal was a bit staggering, as I saw a big difference and I saw tip asymmetry, but immediately ignored it. At first, the result was satisfying. I saw a reduction the in the projection and a completely different tip - a bit angular rather than the dreaded bulbous shape, so I was happy. However, as swelling went down, irregularities appeared/worsened, my columnella hanged, and the tip started to slip off the bridge when I made certain facial expressions. The worst was the protruding cartilage on the tip of my nose. When it got cold, it would whiten while the rest of my nose would redden. I became very, very self-conscious about my nose. Anyway, 6.5 years later I got a revision and I am now happy. I wish I had made better decisions the first time around, as the total cost of my surgeries is mind-boggling to me, as I come from a very low-income household and am still a student myself. See my revision review for pics.