As a Skeptical Doctor I Had This Done to Myself - Santa Monica, CA

I'm 39. Workout 4-5x/week. I'm 5'9 175#. I'm in...

I'm 39. Workout 4-5x/week. I'm 5'9 175#. I'm in great shape. However I had love handles I could not get rid of. So I looked for something for years to help get rid of them. No way was I gonna have surgery. I was a huge skeptic of cool sculpting. But I'm also very academic and have published several articles in national medical journals. So I reviewed the original research and found it well done and results appeared to be accurate. So I had my flanks done.

First- it hurt. I've broken bones, cut my head open etc and don't complain. The procedure itself hurt but wasn't awful. The delayed onset pain around day 5 was quite intense. Was hard to put my pants on without wincing. I did take Tylenol but not motrin because you don't want to take an antiinflammatory which would actually diminish your response. Pain subsides and intense itching followed for about 5 days.

I started seeing results at around 5 weeks. At 8 weeks there was no question I had a great response. I lost about 75% of my love handles.

I can say unequivocally that this worked for me.

Btw: I do not perform this procedure my self nor do I promote it. I'm an ER doctor.

Hope this helps