34 Years Old, Second Breast Augmentation, No Children - Santa Monica, CA

I had my first breast augmentation in 2004 with...

I had my first breast augmentation in 2004 with saline implants. Although they were not big implants they were still not the right fit for my body. They were too hard and looked like tennis balls. I decided to explant in 2012. After three years of thinking about whether or not I wanted to get another breast surgery I decided to take the plunge.

I met with Dr. Teitelbaum for a consultation in February 2015 after doing research online and viewing his photos on his website. After our consultation together I decided to go with the Natrelle 410 in size 215MM. I am very thin, athletic build and I wanted a natural look. Since I did experience rippling with my saline implants the first time around I thought the Natrelle 410 would be a good choice for me. I did have some hesitation up until my surgery date as I read online that the gummy bears tend to be a bit more firm than the round silicone, but for me the pros outweighed the cons as I needed something that would give my flat chest a natural tear drop shape.

My surgery was on Thursday June 18th. I went straight to my hotel afterwards to rest. After resting I took a shower and let the water hit my breasts. Might have been too soon as when I got out of the shower my incision started to bleed. I patted it dry with tissue but I was scared to apply pressure. It stopped temporarily and so I went out for dinner. At dinner I started to have weird stomach pains and felt really bloated so decided to head back to the hotel. As I was walking to the car I felt blood stream down the inside of my shirt. I called Dr. T and he told me to place a piece of cotton or maxi pad material overnight and to see him first thing in the morning. He said I didn't do anything wrong with the shower. The next day at my follow up they said I was fine but for some reason there was a tiny opening in the skin. They cleaned me up and I was breasts/incision were fine for the rest of the day. What wasn't fine was my bloating. I could barely walk and with all of the medicine in my system I was extremely "backed up". It took a whole day of remedies to get all out of the anesthesia and whatever else out of my system.

I am now 4 days post opp, feeling much better. I couldn't even focus on my boobs because the bloating was so bad and now thats taken care of and I am able to pay attention to how my breasts are changing. My swelling has gone down day by day. I've been doing the exercises that Dr. T has instructed and I'm hopeful for a great result in the end. I know its really early so I am trying not to look at what they look like today and judge the final result. They do look a bit more cone shaped that I thought they would but I hope after some time they will settle. They feel a little firm but thats to be expected and I hope that they will soften over time.

I will be seeing Dr. T one more time tomorrow morning before I head home, he won't likely do anything but wanted to see me one more time to just make sure everything was okay before I left.

Sorry for the horrible photos. They look better in person. The right breast where I had the bleeding has a bit of bruising at the incision but I think it will go away over time

Will update as the saga continues.....

10 days post opp

So I'm feeling much better than I was that first week. I am still very tight and sore in my incision area. The shape seems to be improving so I'm just hoping for more positive changes along the way.

Please excuse my skin in the photo. I have allergic eczema so my skin is really sensitive and I haven't been able to really moisturize since surgery like I normally do.

1.5 months Post Op

Hey ladies, I've had improvements with the look and feel of my breasts. They are starting to feel a teeny bit softer and after speaking to a couple of friends who also have implants I am looking forward to the time passing by to see how well they improve..hope you're all doing well :)

Update w/ revised right breast

Ladies I waited a year to have my right breast redone because it never quite healed correctly from last years surgery so here is my final result. I am about a year and two months post op from my original surgery and just about two months post right breast revision which required a drain (which sucked by the way). I have a scar there now under my arm pit
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

So far my experience has been great, I have had a few complications with my recovery but Dr. T was there to help me, even during late hours. The staff and other nurses have been great as well.