Ups & Downs of New Latissimus Dorsi Reconstruction - Santa Barbara, CA

After a single-side mastectomy in May 2015, I was...

After a single-side mastectomy in May 2015, I was said to be cancer-free. I didn't have chemo or radiation, just the "total" or "simple" mastectomy (and 2-3 lymph nodes out). Eventually, as everything healed, I was left with one long scar from my sternum/center of ribs, well into the armpit. My chest wall was totally flat.
For almost a year, I tried coping with stuffed bras and many layers of tank tops. Finally I decided to get reconstruction done. The PS said he would have to do the Latissimus Dorsi Flap (take from the upper back, move to the front), because *there was nothing to work with* on the front. So far, surgery has gone well, healing going very well, and expander going slow and painful -- which apparently is "normal". I'm going tomorrow for fill # 5 -- and I have no idea about cc's and size. But I will definitely be asking to refill the 5-325 Norco and the 5 mg diazepam.

Update on Ups & Downs of New Latissimus Dorsi Reconstruction - Santa Barbara, CA

After I posted my experience I found out that my PS doctor is part of this website! I was glad for two reasons because first of all he's fantastic and second of all I was so glad I found the site I was hoping it was really legit. For my review of Dr. Wesley Schooler just look in the review section.
I will try and post some photos also.

Right now, I am between procedures. I finished the filling of the implant and I'm in the waiting period before the next surgery to replace the implant and lift up the left side.

The filling process actually ended up going very well because the wonderful staff in Dr. Schooler's office.

Where the flap was relocated to the front is really amazing the surgery was very neatly done and it's healed really well.

Pictures next!