43 Year Old Woman, Very Happy with Resurfx - Santa Barbara, CA

After living half my life in Southern California,...

After living half my life in Southern California, the sun damage was starting to show. Although I'm very particular with applying sun screen (15 SPF) every day, sun spots seem to be popping up on my face at an alarming rate.
Without doing too much research on laser treatments, I ordered a consultation with my dermatologist who, after analyzing my face closely, recommended two back to back treatments: IPL followed by Resurfx. Then, to have the same treatments repeated after a month.

Despite applying numbing cream an hour before the treatments, the Resurfx was very painful. My entire face was mapped once with the laser, and as closer to the center of my face she got, the worse the pain got. A cooling gel was applied to ease the discomfort afterward. You can easily cast yourself in a horror movie right after this treatment. The gel combined with the bright red, second degree burn looking face is not pretty. The pain however, subsides after a few hours. The next day all the sun damage on your face shows up as very dark spots/ scabs and in my case, the last scab was not gone until day 12 - a far cry from the 7 day cycle I was told .

But boy was it worth it! I feel I look 5-8 years younger. 90% of my age spots are completely gone - the rest should go away with the next treatment. The skin tone is much more even, and some of the finer wrinkles are softened as well. I am so happy with the results. Most days I skip using a foundation on my face to look better, simply because I feel it is not needed any more. It is expensive but I have no regrets. Even my husband tells me I look great. Looking forward to the next treatment.
Luminous Dermatology