Facelift in Mexico - Doesn't Last

I had a facelift in San Miguel the Allende, Mexico...

I had a facelift in San Miguel the Allende, Mexico ,in August 2013. Before deciding to go this route, I read many reviews and looked at photos of Dr. G. Koelliker's patients. All of it, or most of it, was positive. It was supposed to be a SMAS facelift, lifting my cheeks and jowls which weren't that bad to start with as I had a previous facelift ten years ago. I was 61 at that time and didn't look my age. I should had probably waited or done nothing but vanity won over as I was assured it would look great.
To dr. Koelliker credit, the surgery and the post care went well and I think he is a caring doctor. The immediate result was very good, I looked fresher, cheeks higher, no jowls but this result only lasted 3-6 months! That's all! After five months I had to get fillers to my cheeks as they were already dropping down. After the initial swelling went down my face looked droopier than before as it had less volume. After a year no one would had guessed I have had anything done as I looked the same, or worse, than before. This past fall I went to see an experienced surgeon in the US to consider fat transfer but he told me I basically would need a facelift redo as my SMAS were never lifted, as promised. He said a good facelift should last up to ten years, as my previous one did. I am pretty angry at this point considering I spent close to 10.000,00 between the surgery fees, staying at Casa Marina and the airfare.

I am writing this review for future consideration, so whoever is considering going the same route is aware of this possibility. Again, other patients of dr. oelliker might have had better results but I think there was a similar review to mine of a patient that needed another surgery after having a facelift there.
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

I think dr. Koelliker is a caring doctor but his facelift didn't last. Maybe he is just too conservative or his SMAS lifting technique needs to be updated.