Had to Go Back for Revision - Costa Rica, CR

Hello I had a rhinoplasty performed by Dr. Rashi...

Hello I had a rhinoplasty performed by Dr. Rashi Rosenstock. I was left with a bumpy nose which caused me self confidence problems and depression. You cannot have a revision for at least two years I was told because the nose is still healing. I looked into getting my revision done in Canada but I could not afford it. I sent Dr. Rosenstock photos of my bumpy nose and he agreed a revision was necessary but still charged me $1000usd to do the surgery! I also had to pay for my flights back and my accomodation. So in the end I ended up spending way more money than I had planned on the procedure. I should have just gotten the procedure done in Canada. In the end you have to realize that if there are any complications and you get a procedure done out of country you have to pay out of pocket in your own country or pay to fly back to the country the procedure was done. In the end my nose looks much better after the revision, but I was very nervous getting the surgery AGAIN. He had already messed up my nose the first time so trusting him to go under a second time was very scary. But my nose looked WORSE after the first surgery. I actually liked my nose better before the first rhinoplasty. It feels pretty awful to just be looked at as dollar signs, which unfortunately I feel a lot of the dentist and surgeon professions in costa rica do. They look at the white people like stupid grinos/gringas. I also had a terrible experience at PRISMA DENTAL. Avoid that place! They tried to rip me off and I caught them in the act. It was the owners precious little daughter that tried to steal my money. I got into an argument with her when I was leaving. Not the type of encounter I was hoping for. In the end there are some great dentists in Costa Rica. The one I would recommend the most is in San Isidro. She saved me a lot of time and money and she is very knowledgable and honest. Her name is Laura Valverde.
Costa Rica Plastic Surgeon