Tazorac: Great for Melasma, Lines, Pores, and Blemishes - San Francisco, CA

This medication is VERY expensive, but a little...

This medication is VERY expensive, but a little goes a long way. My stubborn melasma disappears with this product with consistent use. It reduces lines, and makes my skin super smooth, smoothing lines, pores, and removing rough skin.

-Can make skin very shiny
-Can irritate skin and redden- create a schedule that your skin can tolerate, and take a break if you need to heal.
-Can be very drying- I'd suggest once on the whole face, then repeating on problem areas- acne, melasma, lines, etc.
-Causes flaking/peeling- for me this is a good thing, it really works on my stubborn melasma, but cracks around the mouth, nose, ears occur if used too frequently.
-Sun sensitivity- must wear sunscreen spf 30 or greater and a hat if outdoors for extended time.

-Almost eliminates my melasma, much better than hydroquinone or peels alone.
-Less expensive than IPL or office procedures
-Dramatically lessens lines and pores
-Vitamin C based gel my skin seems to like
-Although much stronger than Retin-A, my skin seems less irritated, and much better results.

Conclusion- I strongly recommend this product for the issues mentioned, but it's strong, so maybe not for daily use on the whole face. Shop around, there are less expensive pharmacies if your insurance does not cover this.